The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Bawker, maybe drum corps would be ready for Nielsen if they were treated to 39 seconds of Nielsen, followed by 1.5 minutes of Dream Theater, followed by 30 seconds of Stravinsky (but only the 'good' parts...), and finally 6 minutes of Malaguena, or 1812, or Festive Overture...

Bawker, maybe drum corps would be ready for Nielsen if they were treated to 39 seconds of Nielsen, followed by 1.5 minutes of Dream Theater, followed by 30 seconds of Stravinsky (but only the 'good' parts...), and finally 6 minutes of Malaguena, or 1812, or Festive Overture...

LOL. :shutup:

I was trying to make a joke (albeit a bad one) from the movie "Airplane", starring another Nielsen . . . Leslie. (and referenced earlier in the thread).

Since the movie came out in 1980, here's the short version:

Striker: Surely you can't be serious?

Rumack: I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

It's also home to such gems as :

Randy: Excuse me sir, there's been a little problem in the cockpit…

Striker: The cockpit…what is it?

Randy: It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.

. . .now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

PS I like Nielsen myself, I actually have a few tracks from that CD mentioned earlier on my iPod. :biggrin:

Sounds like a mediocre marching band half-time show with a little bit of Nielsen sprinkled on top for the "sophisticates" in the crowd.

I stole this from show of my fantasy corps...

Nighttime Fantasies

"Sleepers Awake" by Johann S. Bach

"I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables

"The Awakening" by Joseph M. Martin

Can hear Vanguard hitting this one.

Peter & the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev.

Peter & the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev.

Not that you'll ever hear or see it anywhere ... but I did that show in 1988. Fun stuff.... and the body work was a biznatch!

Wait.....Isn't it the visual that is supposed to accomodate the music???????? :biggrin::shutup::smile::smile::smile:

it can go both ways, I recall a rumor I heard a few years ago that a corps wrote their drill before their music and then wrote the music to the drill. Whether its true or not, Idk.

LOL. :smile:

I was trying to make a joke (albeit a bad one) from the movie "Airplane", starring another Nielsen . . . Leslie. (and referenced earlier in the thread).

Since the movie came out in 1980, here's the short version:

It's also home to such gems as :

. . .now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

PS I like Nielsen myself, I actually have a few tracks from that CD mentioned earlier on my iPod. :shutup:

ROTFL!! I LOVE that movie!

"We've got to get this man to a hospital immediately."

"What is it?"

"It's a big building w/ sick people, but that's not important right now."

Stewardess: "Everyone remain calm. There's no need for alarm. Does anyone know how to fly a plane?"

:biggrin: Sorry to go OT, but couldn't help myself!