The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

When I started this thread, it was supposed to be suggestions based on what we thought might fit well with specific corps. Of course corps can and should play whatever they want to put on a good show.

I look at my first page of suggestions, and realize now that a lot of corps' musical identities are different/expanded/whatever, so it's pretty fun to see how suggestions have evolved in here.

I guarantee there will be a show based on the musical Hamilton in the next 5-10 years. It's gonna happen.

I hope so.

And then maybe a corps will tackle "In the Heights", also by Miranda.

Edited by Lance

Good Lord...Phantom should play this the next time they go angry.

Edited by smj02

BK and the Columbians have done this, but I'd like to hear it fit into another production from a corps. I think it would fit with a bunch of different themes, not just fantasy/history.

I agree!

I wouldn't mind seeing orbis by joe hisaishi

https://youtu.be/70_5D0uBxNo

Edited by SealsMan

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxwtsfEufIw

Apparently Skyliners are doing this this year. Not sure if they took my suggestion or if they were already doing this but either way, I can't wait!! Never seen Skyliners before. Gonna do my best to see them or find a recording this year.

A higher-tier corps could do wonders with this piece as a ballad. Or any corps, really, but the brass arranger will need some real guts to do so.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I post in this thread too much but I keep finding stuff I want corps to do, and I need a place to put them all! (Plus it gives me ideas if I ever want to start arranging).

Too lazy to see if it's been mentioned before, and I see it's been done once in 2010, but "Welcome to the Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance would be a kicker for Bluecoats.

As far as fitting the Bluecoats mystique as of late I would agree. It could also be a part of a really really dark Cadets year. The last 2 minutes just screams a dissolving company front (maybe throw in a follow the leader) with Bocook's trademark mello riffs.

If I were to start a Drum Corps, this would be one of my perennial intros (trumpets opening with the 16ths).. or it would work its way into most shows somehow.

https://youtu.be/28wr2AtYdkE?t=3m42s

Edited by Barifonium