When was the last time this was discussed?

Had a bit of free time last weekend, eh?

1) it would be of tremendous assistance to the general readership if you were to attach a quote from the response/respondee to which you are addressing. To fail to do this gives every indication that your words are meant to apply to all...who have offered different and differentiating points of view...and which casts you, however fairly or unfairly, in the category of mere "trollhood" I made that same mistake many times in my early days on DCP...thank God there existed many fine individuals who assisted me down the correct path, and who overlooked my "newbie" indescretions.

2) That being said, since your response immediately followed that of one by Lincoln, I am to assume that your words were directed at him. What, exactly, are your contentions? Where do you find yourself in disagreement? On what basis do you disagree?? (And, by the way, if I am wrong in my assumptions...then refer to my point #1).

3) In my opinion, "Had a bit of free time last weekend, eh?" borders on saying absolutely nothing, other than the desire to "hit and run." State your case...indicate what it is that you disagree with, and offer your counter-argument. The good people here at DCP are an accepting lot...even if it seems that they/we are nothing other than the "cantankerous old uncle" which many of us most probably had in our youth. If your response is errant, some will point it out to you...but remember that it is understood that much of what is said on here is said in the vein of "opinion." Please do not worry...if what I've said here is "wrong" according to the general readership, that same readership will step forward and correct me. It all goes with the territory...and I respect their views as much as anyone I know, simply based on their willingness to be honest and straightforward with me.

Now...would you like to clarify your earlier posting?

Edited by HornTeacher

3) In my opinion, "Had a bit of free time last weekend, eh?" borders on saying absolutely nothing, other than the desire to "hit and run."

I don't know what it refers to. I noted the "eh?" which we don't really use around here. It's usually more French sounding.

I changed the video link since you replied. Vicky's mom appears. Little Britain is an acquired taste for most--probably unpalatable for the DCP crowd.

Having watched that clip, I will say it's certainly not to my taste and also a little baffling (she's supposed to be a teenager?!), but by prodding me to read some Wikipedia entries, it did at least lead me to learn a little about British "chavs", "casuals", and football hooligan "firms". Did you know that Edward II (he of Christopher Marlowe's play) banned football in the fourteenth century because of the hooliganism that surrounded the contests?