Who will make the biggest jump this season?

I definitely believe that Madison will make the jump this year.

I definitely believe that Madison will make the jump this year.

We keep hearing that every year, but I'm hesitant to jump on that wagon until I actually see what they bring to the table. I bought into the hype last spring with what should have been a can't-miss show in Don Ellis, and got burned. Hopefully this year really is a step up.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 3

We keep hearing that every year, but I'm hesitant to jump on that wagon until I actually see what they bring to the table. I bought into the hype last spring with what should have been a can't-miss show in Don Ellis, and got burned. Hopefully this year really is a step up.

Major changes will cause major improvement. Be not afraid.

Madison has lost ground and has work to do, but after 2009 people said we'd never see them in finals again, but we have. People have likewise predicted Cadets plunging. Madison holds on, Cadets have yet to really plunge.

Madison has lost ground and has work to do, but after 2009 people said we'd never see them in finals again, but we have. People have likewise predicted Cadets plunging. Madison holds on, Cadets have yet to really plunge.

True, but it's also important to consider that in order to move up, someone else has to move down. So far, we've seen lots of predictions about corps moving up, but none of them ever seem to include who they will pass in order to ascend. It's also important to remember that a corps can get better in terms of quality, design, and execution, yet still fail to move up (particularly if those above them also improve).

• Like 6

I can see Madison passing Boston & Blue Stars and maybe even Blue Knights.

True, but it's also important to consider that in order to move up, someone else has to move down. So far, we've seen lots of predictions about corps moving up, but none of them ever seem to include who they will pass in order to ascend. It's also important to remember that a corps can get better in terms of quality, design, and execution, yet still fail to move up (particularly if those above them also improve).

Very True and has happened often in every aspect of the activity. Just because one gets better doesn't mean one will move up.