Other instrumentation for 2015?

A couple of DCA corps... Hawthorne Caballeros and Rhode Island Matadors... used steel drums in their shows for at least one season in the mid-1970s.

They sounded a lot better in person than they do on the recordings of that period. On one of the recordings, the drums almost sound like tin cans. LOL.

We used steel drums in the Crossmen during the drum solo in '86. I played one of them.

Street Dancin never got enough credit

• Like 1

A couple of DCA corps... Hawthorne Caballeros and Rhode Island Matadors... used steel drums in their shows for at least one season in the mid-1970s.

They sounded a lot better in person than they do on the recordings of that period. On one of the recordings, the drums almost sound like tin cans. LOL.

Westshore in 91 and 92

Street Dancin never got enough credit

Thurston at his best. We also had a set of timbales that he tuned so low that the heads were almost wrinkled. He dubbed them the "floppy drums". I have one of the floppy drum heads hanging in my study at home.

• Like 1

Too lazy to look through the thread now, so I'm unsure if this has been mentioned yet. A friend who was auditioning for Boston Crusaders on mellophone (and was in the corps last year) told me a few months ago that all auditioning mellophone players had to audition on French horn. Thoughts?

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Too lazy to look through the thread now, so I'm unsure if this has been mentioned yet. A friend who was auditioning for Boston Crusaders on mellophone (and was in the corps last year) told me a few months ago that all auditioning mellophone players had to audition on French horn. Thoughts?

No idea. Maybe they have music the brass folks want to use FH for and need to find out which mello mm sound good on one.

Marching French Horn or the ones that point the wrong direction?

No idea. Maybe they have music the brass folks want to use FH for and need to find out which mello mm sound good on one.

For the record.... FH here stands for French horns.

They will not, under any circumstances, be using me. :tongue: