Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

Academy.

Hit: 2014 or any with this look. This really distinguishes them separate from other corps. I like it.

Academy2014.png

These are some of the nicest uniforms put on the field. Does anyone know which uniform company made them?

• Like 1

These are some of the nicest uniforms put on the field. Does anyone know which uniform company made them?

Fred J. Miller, Inc.

The Hit: Current uniforms. Not really happy with the new proposed uniforms that will complete the "Blue Devil Feeder Corps" look.

78a2c4bbd1da779a4e70bbf628ab1b12.jpg?ito

The Miss: 1998... Just nothing to this... to be fair, they had yet to make their visual identity. They were still a brand new corps, but still, not a good look.

pc2.jpg

Next up...

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

The Hit: Current uniforms. Not really happy with the new proposed uniforms that will complete the "Blue Devil Feeder Corps" look.

Have they released photos of their new uniforms? I've only seen pictures of their new hats.

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

This one was tough. They've had some really cool looks over the years. I loved those all green uniforms they had for a while, but I'm gonna take their freshest look for the hit:

08_05_2014_scvc_4.jpg

(Side note: The drum finishes are a horrible combination with this uniform (clashing greens), but the uniform itself is great. Love that they added red back into the uniform.

Miss: 09. These look flat out horrible.

5466970994_913c8ba360_z.jpg

I know they've already been picked, but I'm too lazy to go back and find a corps that hasn't, and I'd like to see another person's perspective on Crossmen. They've had some serious hits and misses through the year, so having a couple of posts about them doesn't seem too out of line.

My thread my rules so:

Yes, we can nominate a corps more than once, however if you provided the hit and miss the last time, it needs to someone else's take this time around.

SO....

Bones

The Hit:

The easy choice would be the early 90's look. Quintessentially Bones. 1992 is one of my favorite drum corps shows ever... period. That said, for the hit, I am gonna actually go with 2014. Absolutely LOVE this uniform:

448160_1412290618.4634.jpged9bbe0ca4bd6a475453598346b6fa66.jpg

And the miss...

Great corps but what the heck were they thinking with this look? BORING tops and shakos. I mean... SHAKOS? Really?

CrossmenHornline.jpg

Up next...

BLUE DEVILS B

And the miss...

Great corps but what the heck were they thinking with this look? BORING tops and shakos. I mean... SHAKOS? Really?

CrossmenHornline.jpg

They had already tried shakos in '83 (for one year). I was surprised they tried them again.

My thread my rules so:

B

I nominate the Chicago Royal Aires