Indiana's New Law

Yes! It is! Good for you!

So, it's OK to make money in a whole-other country that actively kills homosexuals, but doing business in Indiana, USA, where there's only speculation about what MIGHT happen if The Religious are protected, is not OK?

PolySci 101. One of the best ways to get said country to change said policies is to do business with them, showing their population what life can be like.

• Like 1

Careful folks- the last few posts are veering towards getting this thread locked down.

Now? After all the subject matter that has been debated, argued, implied and what not?

Seems to be there is a bit of a disconnect.

• Like 1

Now? After all the subject matter that has been debated, argued, implied and what not?

Seems to be there is a bit of a disconnect.

I can't blame the mods. I searched the thread and my post was the only one that mentioned Apple specifically. (/sarcasm)

I don't know what button I pushed but, apparently, one can't push the Apple button.

The point is to those who demand the DCI DO SOMETHING! because Well! Look at all these companies that are standing up against tyranny and oppression! should be really careful about which horse they tie their wagon to.

And thanks for the defense.

Yes! It is! Good for you!

So, it's OK to make money in a whole-other country that actively kills homosexuals, but doing business in Indiana, USA, where there's only speculation about what MIGHT happen if The Religious are protected, is not OK?

So I'll ask you Garfield, have you ever met any gay Persians? They say they are Persian, because they prefer that as opposed to the name "Iranian"). I have met more than a few. Actually, to be clear even if not gay, most of the people I meet from that area of the world prefer "Persian" as how they describe themselves.

I remember a movement in that country (not too long ago) where there was an uprising for the human rights of it's citizens. It got stopped by the government hardliners. It was quite a strong movement.

And then there's Tim Cook and Apple.

Iran kills homosexuals.

Iran blames, and usually stones to death, victims of rape.

And the threat to Apple's employees centers in Indiana, USA.

Repugnant hypocritical faux outrage.

Apple has no problem setting up retail and marketing operations in Saudi Arabia where homosexuality is illegal, but takes a stand in Indiana. The selective outrage is getting a little tiresome.

So I'll ask you Garfield, have you ever met any gay Persians? They say they are Persian, because they prefer that as opposed to the name "Iranian"). I have met more than a few. Actually, to be clear even if not gay, most of the people I meet from that area of the world prefer "Persian" as how they describe themselves.

I remember a movement in that country (not too long ago) where there was an uprising for the human rights of it's citizens. It got stopped by the government hardliners. It was quite a strong movement.

Heh, no I've never met a gay Persian. But I do have two Persian rugs in my house.

Apple has no problem setting up retail and marketing operations in Saudi Arabia where homosexuality is illegal, but takes a stand in Indiana. The selective outrage is getting a little tiresome.

The point is that some who are calling for DCI to take a bigger stand are the same ones who hold up Apple and other executives as being the examples DCI should follow.

DCI should not buckle to the selective outrage.

Edited by garfield

Apple has no problem setting up retail and marketing operations in Saudi Arabia where homosexuality is illegal and is met with DEATH, but takes a stand in Indiana. The selective outrage is getting a little tiresome.

Fixed that for you.

Exactly my point. DCI should be careful for the Wizard behind the Apple curtain may not be what he says he is and calls to follow his lead could cause more harm than good.

Edited by garfield

And thanks for the defense.

Is this a sarcastic point on your part? If not, I don't agree.

You live in an area of the world where people express their opinion and have the right to express this opinion. From what I see, this entire debate has been about people expressing their opinion.

Sometimes people in other areas of the world aspire to have same thing. Often those that venture forth deal with the consequences. As per your example, those consequences have horrible results - people lose their lives. But they still fought.