Indiana's New Law

Am I supposed to say that's okay when so many others on this thread are talking about the accuracy of the comments being made?

No, you're supposed to laugh at the joke of it. What you believe is your business. You get to decide if the crowd is actually mad. Me, too.

After all, we don't know that hanged homosexuals didn't have iPhones in their pockets, do we?

Edited by garfield

No, you're supposed to laugh at the joke of it. What you believe is your business. You get to decide if the crowd is actually mad. Me, too.

After all, we don't know that hung homosexuals didn't have iPhones in their pockets, do we?

Yes, we both get to decide.

Why have proof when you don't know? The speculation of not knowing and hypothesizing has no repercusions what so ever...

Yes, we both get to decide.

Why have proof when you don't know? The speculation of not knowing and hypothesizing has no repercusions what so ever...

Wins for the ironic post of the thread.

I'd ask the owners of the pizza house.

I love spring. The temperatures are rising, the snow is melting and if you listen closely you can hear the birds singing.

Oh my, what else do I hear....crickets? I think they are early this year.

Not crickets, peepers! Perfect weather here at last to listen for spring peepers and look for spotted salamanders.

Surely you agreed with that post I wrote about yours or anyone else's sexuality was never a consideration before. I love all you crazy nuts.

What I am, and always have been in this thread, concerned about is what part DCI should play in this civil battle, especially considering the concentration - whatever it is - of LGBT marching members in drum corps.

I think the pragmatic approach is to view it in the context of the customer base as the current cash flow and future marching members of the activity, and not necessarily through the lens of the concentration of LGBT participants.

In case you missed it earlier, I think DCI did exactly the correct thing with their recognition of this issue and I would caution them from jumping on bandwagons with rotten wheels. Apple is not the pied piper and DCI shouldn't be lemmings.

As much as I have always respected your words, Garfield, it is my (admittedly, individual) belief that your second sentence was a touch out of line...and not befitting the man I respect, and whose words I always take the second, third, and fourth reading to attempt to understand before rushing to eventual judgement.

To add "all you nuts", when attached within the same small paragraph, and parameters thereof, was, to me, a personal slap at the person to whom you were responding. It may be wrong of me, I but I personally believe that it wasn't necessary.

I, like you, do not expect DCI to take any action(s) amounting to moving away from Indiana over this whole ordeal. What would be the sense? Through all of this, I have maintained the thought of "Be careful for what you wish...for you may well receive it." And who is to say that any movement would ultimately result in something better? I also agree that to do so would be a knee-jerk response of monumental proportions.

You'll still have my respect and my admiration of your knowledge and experience...but I must also be true to myself and speak against this unfortunate choice of words and message. And if it be the case that you don't care what I say...well, that's fine, too. I just had to get it off my chest.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

As much as I have always respected your words, Garfield, it is my (admittedly, individual) belief that your second sentence was a touch out of line...and not befitting the man I respect, and whose words I always take the second, third, and fourth reading to attempt to understand before rushing to eventual judgement.

To add "all you nuts", when attached within the same small paragraph, and parameters thereof, was, to me, a personal slap at the person to whom you were responding. It may be wrong of me, I but I personally believe that it wasn't necessary.

I, like you, do not expect DCI to take any action(s) amounting to moving away from Indiana over this whole ordeal. What would be the sense? Through all of this, I have maintained the thought of "Be careful for what you wish...for you may well receive it." And who is to say that any movement would ultimately result in something better? I also agree that to do so would be a knee-jerk response of monumental proportions.

You'll still have my respect and my admiration of your knowledge and experience...but I must also be true to myself and speak against this unfortunate choice of words and message. And if it be the case that you don't care what I say...well, that's fine, too. I just had to get it off my chest.

Please. It's you who've taken this uber-sensitivity too far. Do you know where Garfield is from and what his favorite team is? If you don't, you haven't been paying attention. Ohio State. The Buckeyes. What is buckeye? It is a NUT. For us fans of the school up north, we like to say it's a "useless nut". So his reference to calling people nuts is nothing more than a term of endearment. But by golly, let's pick each word apart to see if we can be offended.

Please. It's you who've taken this uber-sensitivity too far. Do you know where Garfield is from and what his favorite team is? If you don't, you haven't been paying attention. Ohio State. The Buckeyes. What is buckeye? It is a NUT. For us fans of the school up north, we like to say it's a "useless nut". So his reference to calling people nuts is nothing more than a term of endearment. But by golly, let's pick each word apart to see if we can be offended.

Having not been raised or ever lived in the state of Ohio (or Michigan, the "school up north"), I do not think it is incumbent upon me to be automatically aware of whatever colloquial "terms of endearment" which may happen to exist. I do try to be at least reasonably well-read, but this practice escaped me. And yes, I am perfectly aware that a Buckeye is a nut (and I mean that in scientific terms, not in terms of any editorial comment or personal attack or attachment).

That being said...I will still stand behind my original words.

After all, we don't know that hung homosexuals didn't have iPhones in their pockets, do we?

"Hanged" homosexuals. (I'll just leave it at that)

Edited by Brian Tuma