Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

Not a powerpoint, but staffs do certainly sit down with judges and talk them through what the show is about, and what it means. Especially in the early season, when stuff is still rough or not fully fleshed out.

In fact maybe three seasons back or so there was an agreement between Directors of World Class corps and judges to do this; it was at the same time that the pre-contest critiques were bandied and post-contest critiques were allowed to be online discussions between instructors and judges. It was to give the judges better awareness of what the designers were attempting and to facilitate easier travel of the judges and corps from shows to shows on weeknights. I am not certain that all of this has still been maintained beyond the show design sheets being sent/given to the judges for familiarity.

DCP after a BD announcement: "Why did they use that phrase?? They're so pretentious and self-important!"

I only count two people that called it pretentious. When criticisms of complaints exceed the number of complainers making them, said criticisms start to have an effect on me that is opposite of what is likely intended.

such as ... the humidity in Pittsburg

There is no humidity in Pittsburg, CA.

Why would anyone care about the weather in a city so dang far from Concord?

<snicker>

Pittsburg CA is next to Concord, CA

• Like 1

Oops, I missed the snicker!

I only count two people that called it pretentious. When criticisms of complaints exceed the number of complainers making them, said criticisms start to have an effect on me that is opposite of what is likely intended.

Fair point. Guess Plan9 has officially converted me to being overly sensitive when it comes to the Blue Devils.

My transformation to the Dark Side is complete. I'm off to slaughter Younglings.

• Like 5

Fair point. Guess Plan9 has officially converted me to being overly sensitive when it comes to the Blue Devils.

My transformation to the Dark Side is complete. I'm off to slaughter Younglings.

Try slaughtering a couple of Yuenglings instead. It'll be far less messy...and ultimately much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

As you are someone who often replies to a singular post with something sarcastic, I'm a bit surprised at your post.

As you are someone who often replies to a singular post with something sarcastic, I'm a bit surprised at your post.

In context, I was only referring to complaints about an amount or pervasiveness of a given complaint. And it was just a light-hearted poke anyway. Chaddyt got it. The banana dog dances on.

I guess I can finally cross that last sentence off my bucket list.

In context, I was only referring to complaints about an amount or pervasiveness of a given complaint. And it was just a light-hearted poke anyway. Chaddyt got it. The banana dog dances on.

I guess I can finally cross that last sentence off my bucket list.

Yeah - I missed the poke part. In fact lately I think I missed a few other things as well.

Sorry