Fan Network 2015

As someone from overseas, I can't always watch live, but was able to watch a few days later "on demand". I haven't noticed so far, but is that still going to be available? (Although as a sad drumcorps geek, I did actually watch live several times last year.)

This is a great question...

This sounds lousy if they don't include the archival footage too. I like to watch stuff like the 79 Guardsmen or Northstar which the latter is no longer on there.

I do like that you can watch finals but what if you had to work that day? Could you come home and watch a delayed version of it? I was going to ask them if there was a way to just watch finals and didn't want the DVD. My computer won't accept them half the time anyway and you never know when that is to happen.

• Like 1

This sounds lousy if they don't include the archival footage too. I like to watch stuff like the 79 Guardsmen or Northstar which the latter is no longer on there.

I do like that you can watch finals but what if you had to work that day? Could you come home and watch a delayed version of it? I was going to ask them if there was a way to just watch finals and didn't want the DVD. My computer won't accept them half the time anyway and you never know when that is to happen.

From the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year." So there's your archives answer, it's going to be completely separate for those that want access to it, and non-issue for those that don't. It's a great fix to the problem.

And, "In addition to pay-per-view for each event, money-saving subscription bundles will be available, giving drum corps fans the ability to access just the events they want to see or the entire schedule of live offerings."

So yes, you can buy only the shows you are interested in of you want to, though the packages are great values. Hopefully, DCI will have an answer for the on-demand/delay question soon.

Edited by Kamarag

From the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year." So there's your archives answer.

This is still vague at best IMO. Separate to the streaming service or no? At face value I think it means separate service...

like fan net works telecast of DCA last year .missed the frist 4 - 5 corps completey ,then kept shutting down at the start of others or off n on .Took till the final 6 corps in prelms before they got it right .UGH

like fan net works telecast of DCA last year .missed the frist 4 - 5 corps completey ,then kept shutting down at the start of others or off n on .Took till the final 6 corps in prelms before they got it right .UGH

That was the stadium's issue, not the FN's, as was explained. You'll note the stadium fixed the problem by the time finals started the following day. The FN team actually streamed the show from the producer's iPhone because the stadium's net connections were not what they were promised to be.

This is still vague at best IMO. Separate to the streaming service or no? At face value I think it means separate service...

I don't think it's vague at all. It's two separate services. The article is pretty clear on that.

So does someone want to request info from someone in the know about these questions:

1) Will we be able to watch the webcasts afterwards, aka on demand

2) by multiple camera views does that mean we can select between different cameras or does that mean we can choose between high and multi like we used to

3) will the shows from June 17th kickoff theater event be on there?

I like that it's cheaperfor the subscription to get the shows not including finals, but if there's no on demand it's kinda a step back IMO, especially since the archives aren't included... Plus this means since I'll be traveling on the 17th, I won't have a chance to see cavies, bluecoats, crown, or cadets for another week :/

EDIT: reread the announcement, seems pretty clear on the second question that it's just high and multi cam, but it would be pretty cool to get to choose between the different camera feeds on the fly, although probably not feasible

Edited by Clutchtow

From the article: "The extremely popular "DCI Fan Network," containing years of archival performance video, is being refreshed for reintroduction later this year."

I do like that its acknowledged by DCI that the archives of the older shows are ( in their words ).. " extremely popular ". While some here on DCP don't particularly care for the archives of the older shows, it is undeniable that they remain " extremely popular " with Drum Corps fans nationally.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Not only do I wonder about the on-demand thing as well, another concern I have is APD's. Will they offer audio downloads from throughout the season again? Especially the "lossless" options they first offered last season? I hope so, I thought last season's APD's were some of the best they have done. It would be ashame to not have that option of listening to early season audio recordings during the summer...

Hopefully all this gets answered soon.