Fan Network 2015

The posting of drone videos was a fad that quickly wore thin. I'm sure we'll see them pop up here and there, but with much less frequency. I do know some corps are using them (we are at Hawthorne), but it's more for internal corps use.

I was wondering if there was a general clamp down on their use due to safety issues.

There is a kid in my building who used to have a drone and he would fly it around the building every weekend. Once is cute - every weekend is kind of annoying.

Unfortunately last week it just happened to crash right outside my window. There was no mistaking the sound when it went down.

I was wondering if there was a general clamp down on their use due to safety issues.

There is a kid in my building who used to have a drone and he would fly it around the building every weekend. Once is cute - every weekend is kind of annoying.

Unfortunately last week it just happened to crash right outside my window. There was no mistaking the sound when it went down.

Didn't have Enrique Iglesias doing a concert nearby did you? Understand he got his hand sliced up by a drone but haven't caught the details.....

Didn't have Enrique Iglesias doing a concert nearby did you? Understand he got his hand sliced up by a drone but haven't caught the details.....

No - but I saw that story. That's what can happen when you attempt to grab a drone that flys near you.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1

Just logged into fan network and noticed something... On the top left, there used to be something that said something along the lines of "get a subscription for as low as $39.00" and that's gone now.

Have no idea what that could mean but just thought I'd point it out.

You didn't happen to throw a stale bran muffin or something at it, did you???? :tounge2:

• Like 1

You didn't happen to throw a stale bran muffin or something at it, did you???? :tounge2:

Lol! My side of the building has a park with a wall of pine trees next to it. Flying a drone around trees can be a bit risky.

...................you know what happens when it hits the fan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

I watched live streams on my phone last year. killed the data plan but it was fun

Yeah I watched nearly all of them from my iPad last year, and the streamed it wirelessly from the iPad to our apple TV. VERY cool & easy to do (via wifi, not data plan)

Best experience for users comes not just from the technical behind the scenes stuff, but also from the customer side. They need to set practical deadlines for themselves and if things go awry, they should update that accordingly on FN.

I agree. I think the vast majority of us understand that DCI is not capable of delivering us what MLB, NFL, etc. does. We get that DCI's role in the activity is to ensure that the summer tour is as seamless as possible, and most everything else is icing on the cake. I get that DCI has a TON of other responsibilities right now, and Fan Network is but one small aspect (and arguably not their most important or pressing, and maybe even a fair amount of ways down the list of priorities). I get DCI is not a tech company, nor do they likely have the revenue to deliver cutting edge technology to fans; when live streams have difficulty, I understand that we're likely talking about maybe four or five people tops at the event working on the problem, if not just one person.

All of that is understandable, & I think most of us who marched or taught in the activity get the limitations of DCI in this regard.

But customer service & communication is a basic skill that ANY customer-based company should strive to master, and in that regard DCI often misses the mark. If DCI were a company I haven't devoted a TON of time to, I would shrug my shoulders at this point and likely move on without giving them a second thought (or dollar). DCI seemingly continually, in my experience at least, fails at basic customer service when it comes to communicating to its already built-in customers: current FN subscribers should at least get a broad email update when things change, or when DCI fails to make a deadline, etc. Even if that email is a non-announcement announcement ("we apologize for not getting the update out when we thought we would be able to. We're still working diligently on the FN details and are excited to roll FN 2015 out as soon as we can!") it literally would take 5 minutes to write, proof, and email.

To me, it's maddening when a company can't even achieve the absolute basics of customer service, and more frustrating when it's a company/service I really like and appreciate.

• Like 4