Fan Network 2015

So what do you guys think the new platform will be? Youtube? Vimeo?

Youtube does already have paid subscription channels... and youtube can be played from every device and smart TV out there.

I would guess it is going to be like WGI's new platform.

Depends on what kind of "merger", for one thing.

Also, have we established that a change is even necessary? Where does it say "youth" in the DCI bylaws or other fundamental documents? Looking at the way SoundSport is evolving without an age limit, and how all-age corps participate in field shows already, I see nothing precluding the type of operational merger that DCI has already conducted with regional circuits like Drum Corps Midwest, Drum Corps East, and so on.

Now that enough DCI people are involved in the DCA circuit, I would not be surprised if such an offer is on the table. Therefore, if DCA ever decided that it is no longer worth the time or money to run their own operation (or if the circuit goes belly up), it is possible they could work out an agreement for DCI to run things for them as a separate division, sort of like open class.

I don't see a need at all. both have their issues, and while partnering in some areas can help, many of the issues would not be solved by a merger. a merger would make it more of a mess

Getting back on track, I've noticed that my FN subscription now runs through mid-June.

ditto

I would guess it is going to be like WGI's new platform.

I watched live streams on my phone last year. killed the data plan but it was fun

I wonder when they're announcing today

Deadline fail #2?

I watched live streams on my phone last year. killed the data plan but it was fun

And WGI is on youtube right? That's what I hoping for. Youtube would be the easiest for customers.

Your subscription was extended? Free? Until June?

Wait, this wasn't supposed to happen. The evil DCI would never treat its customers so well!

Some wanted a personal email of apology, some wanted rebates of fees paid, some wanted Dan Acheson to kiss his royal... (OK, I made that last part up.)

"Hey, let's give them real value, not an apology. Let's be magnanimous. And let's realize it's silly to sign fans up to the new old subscription when we're going to launch the new new one shortly. I wonder if that will satisfy them?.." -- DCI BOD and staff

</sarcasm in this whole post>

Or maybe it's possible (likely) that DCI's Fan Network doesn't quite have it together enough yet to announce their 2015 plans and so the easy way is to expand coverage until the season starts.

I'm sure even you in your infinite sarcastic and facetious wisdom can see that the first show of the year on the DCI calendar is the "Dress Rehearsal" which occurs on the Monday after the FN subscriptions expires.

I know I could've said that in a more sarcastic way but I'm too tired to work that hard this morning

Yea, I know. But you were part of a rising chorus that can border on a pitch-fork mob and I wonder how the mob will now act.

I assume DCI is throwing us this bone because they're not ready to launch the new platform & subscription yet.

I suspect the pitchfork-raising mob will wait to see what FN has to say when they announce their subscription info, new platform, and pricing details. While some DCP folks seem to excitedly want to throw gas on the flames to stir up the mob, there's not much point in reacting to a non-announcement announcement

Edited by perc2100