Fan Network 2015

There is no link yet. It should be coming soon.

My take is that the live streaming package will be available very soon (at least prior to the first scheduled live stream anyway) which is now completely separate from the archived videos. I get the feeling that the new/separate service for archived material will not be made available for quite awhile. I have no information to support this, just a gut feeling.

Aren't they supposed to be streaming the Madison/Troopers preview on Monday? They better hurry...

My take is that the live streaming package will be available very soon (at least prior to the first scheduled live stream anyway) which is now completely separate from the archived videos. I get the feeling that the new/separate service for archived material will not be made available for quite awhile. I have no information to support this, just a gut feeling.

Aren't they supposed to be streaming the Madison/Troopers preview on Monday? They better hurry...

They are - but if I understand correctly that will be openly available to anyone - subscription or no.

edit -

Just re-read the PR for the event and it says "free" but doesn't specifically say free to anyone or just to current subscribers. My assumption is that it is free to anyone. Pretty sure the Carolina Crown preview last year was open to everyone, not just subscribers.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=f2a60313-4a46-42eb-81b3-e8bc329a6098
Edited by cf144

They are - but if I understand correctly that will be openly available to anyone - subscription or no.

True...but on the same platform, I would presume? I hope they don't wait until the last minute before the first "paid" stream...wouldn't want the site to crash from a rush of membership renewals...

I kind of hate that they are separating the archives from the live feed. I wonder if it helps the feed more? For 99 bucks though, to be able to watch finals too? I'm in for sure.

i believe they gave 6./12 as the date info is released

On a semi related note, I went to the Mr. Video website to look at the Bands of America Videos for sale - I noticed some notes about the shipping of the 2014 DVD sets from Finals, etc., and that they had NOT shipped yet due to some licensing issues that needed to be resolved. That was from April - its now June, and there is no update on shipping. If they haven't shipped yet, it just confirms the major concern on everyone's mind: that DCI, BOA, WGI, etc. are having a boatload of trouble right now getting the rights for various media. I hate to be pessimistic, but I imagine the new DCI Live! will only offer live streaming - no on demand, no APD's, etc.

I really hope I am wrong, but man, right now, the licensing issues seem to be at an all-time high...

I kind of hate that they are separating the archives from the live feed. I wonder if it helps the feed more? For 99 bucks though, to be able to watch finals too? I'm in for sure.

Yeah, I'm bummed too they're separating, but at least DCI offered a kind of "fair trade" for subscribers: lose the archive, gain the Finals stream. I don't know yet if I'll subscribe again or not, but if I don't it will purely be because of my family's expenses and not because I'm unhappy & want to drop FN.

I think the record industry is on full tilt sue mode because they can't seem to figure out the whole streaming issue even though Todd Rundgren suggested it to them almost 30 years ago.