Fan Network 2015

It appears they will be using NeuLion for all media delivery including the live events. Looks like this is an ad supported content delivery system.

If the free video is any indication of the quality we will be getting, I am really really really concerned.

Yay...

I have the NHL Center Ice package (one of their customers), and the quality is excellent. I'm not going to judge it until I see it for real.

If there's a positive I definitely see, it's that it seems very well supported by all types of devices, including Androids.

Just browsing their website, I noticed there is a live video to VOD feature so that's a good sign.

Is this site purely a streaming site or could DCI also use it for archives?

I have the NHL Center Ice package (one of their customers), and the quality is excellent. I'm not going to judge it until I see it for real.

How does the NHL handle ads in live events?

I'm fine with ads being injected just as long as it doesn't interfere with ongoing performances. If it generates enough revenue we could possibly see reduced prices on future live packages.

NeuLion does have some pretty neat features. DCI must've paid a pretty penny for this new delivery system.

If there's a positive I definitely see, it's that it seems very well supported by all types of devices, including Androids.

Just browsing their website, I noticed there is a live video to VOD feature so that's a good sign.

Is this site purely a streaming site or could DCI also use it for archives?

It's not a site, it's a service. They will provide whatever features DCI will pay for.

How does the NHL handle ads in live events?

I'm fine with ads being injected just as long as it doesn't interfere with ongoing performances. If it generates enough revenue we could possibly see reduced prices on future live packages.

NeuLion does have some pretty neat features. DCI must've paid a pretty penny for this new delivery system.

The ads on the NHL network are fairly minimal, mostly stuff in commercial breaks. As far as I can tell, advertising content is not handled by NeuLion, but rather the NHL and it's broadcast partners. NeuLion just provides the streams to subscribers.

Man that's what I'm really hoping for. I want the whole thing to be on Youtube.

Youtube has paid subscription channels - https://www.youtube.com/channels/paid_channels so it could work...

Wouldn't it be great watching Live shows directly from your smart TV, Apple TV, Rohu etc.?

You can already watch live shows from your HD/Smart TV now if you have a high-end PC and graphics card...just connect using a mini-hdmi( on the higher-end graphics cards) to hdmi cable that plugs into TV...and make sure your PC screen resolution is set to a HD level of 1920x1080 for example...works like a champ...don't stream wireless though...

Well here is the live video section at dci.org below...if you click the free video tab you can test out the video player...I'm assuming the server has not completely resolved to dci.org yet and there are several link issues at dci.org right now, but this is known as server propogation...this may take a few days to resolve itself across the internet depending on your location....unfortunately they have not gone with a responsive design either...oh well...

http://www.nmnathletics.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?db_oem_id=33500

Edited by Liahona

I have to laugh at this one...

GET EXCLUSIVE ACCESS

The New Drum Corps International is your pass to all things Athletics

...and who said it's NOT a sport ...LOLOLOLOL

Source: https://www.nmnathletics.com/regflow/CreateAccount.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500

Just visited new DCI website and the video page. Major buffering issues when I tried a few of the free videos. Could not watch any all the way through. Hope it gets better and is not an omen ofm the things to come for the live stream.