Fan Network 2015

That may be the analogy of the century! How horrible is the Phil's outfield. Oh wait - they recalled Dom Brown (again). We're saved!!

I've tried to defend dci's or and marketing but in this, going back to December they dropped more balls than the Phillies outfielders.

well I was gonna say LeBron after his televised oops, but I can't bring myself to look to see if he really dropped them

I have to admit that this whole cluster++++ could have been avoided. I have been disappointed by DCI many times over 40 years but this takes the cake. I will think long and hard whether to spend another dime on anything DCI. Have not seen such bad customer service in a very long time. There are a few local shows that will have to quench my thirst for drum corps this season. I refuse to pay for shows I will never see. Again DCI needs to look into the mirror and ask themselves if losing business like they will was worth the tight lip policy they used. Very sad day for drum corps fans.

• Like 1

we'll see about that. i'd be surprised if subscription numbers are released this year. I know a whole lot of DCA folks not bothering since there's no DVR

The lack of a replay that was recently announced by DCI is a bummer for sure.. and theres not too many people happy with that news.

I said 2 weeks ago on here that I intended to renew my subscription despite the myriad of changes, and lousy communication with this from DCI throughout much of this process . But since then, the recent DCI announcement of a lack of a 24-48 hour replay of the live stream shows ,AND with no archives access, this just might be a deal breaker for me now. I'm still on the fence as of today. We'll see how tonite goes, then go from there.

Edited by BRASSO

The lack of a replay that was recently announced by DCI is a bummer for sure.. and theres not too many people happy with that news.

I said 2 weeks ago on here that I intended to renew my subscription despite the myriad of changes, and lousy communication with this from DCI throughout much of this process . But since then, the recent DCI announcement of a lack of a 24-48 hour replay of the live stream shows ,AND with no archives access, this just might be a deal breaker for me now. I'm still on the fence as of today. We'll see how tonite goes, then go from there.

the archives to me are whatever. but the DVR feature is HUGE! I'll buy, but I'll feel like I have a gun at my head when I click the button

• Like 1

I was already told not to plan on sitting and watching all those shows just because that is the only time I can see them lol.

Been thinking about this a lot - just throwing this out there, not saying its going to happen, but wondering...

DCI does the DCI Live all summer with no ondemand, no DVR, no APD's, etc.

Around the end of September, after the season is over and people are getting restless, the APD's are released, finally - maybe from various shows throughout the season, may just be quarterfinals. VPD's are also released - not sure of what, but maybe from quarters. I don't think they would offer too much in the way of VPD's, especially if they are selling DVD/Blu-ray.

At the same time, pre order sales are brisk of DVD, Blu-ray, CD, etc., especially this year due to the loss of the fan network.

End of October, early November, new fan network is launched, and its similar to WGIFanzone in that its free for all the archives. Includes on-demand videos of the 2015 season from DCI Live, EXCEPT for championship week. DCI announces those will be made available at the end of the 2016 season.

So...in the future, each year, there is a DCI Live for those who want to see shows NOW (only in realtime though). or, there is the fanzone, where archives are put up, but much later, sometimes having to wait a whole season. The key is, the fanzone or network is free (similar to WGI), so licensing issues disappear, they can post ALL shows from every year, etc. But, they will make you wait for the most recent year - that way, DVD/Blu-ray sales stay brisk.

Again, just an idea that popped in my head - probably won't happen, but I wondered... school is coming to an end, so I have too much time on my hands to think :)

Been thinking about this a lot - just throwing this out there, not saying its going to happen, but wondering...

DCI does the DCI Live all summer with no ondemand, no DVR, no APD's, etc.

Around the end of September, after the season is over and people are getting restless, the APD's are released, finally - maybe from various shows throughout the season, may just be quarterfinals. VPD's are also released - not sure of what, but maybe from quarters. I don't think they would offer too much in the way of VPD's, especially if they are selling DVD/Blu-ray.

At the same time, pre order sales are brisk of DVD, Blu-ray, CD, etc., especially this year due to the loss of the fan network.

End of October, early November, new fan network is launched, and its similar to WGIFanzone in that its free for all the archives. Includes on-demand videos of the 2015 season from DCI Live, EXCEPT for championship week. DCI announces those will be made available at the end of the 2016 season.

So...in the future, each year, there is a DCI Live for those who want to see shows NOW (only in realtime though). or, there is the fanzone, where archives are put up, but much later, sometimes having to wait a whole season. The key is, the fanzone or network is free (similar to WGI), so licensing issues disappear, they can post ALL shows from every year, etc. But, they will make you wait for the most recent year - that way, DVD/Blu-ray sales stay brisk.

Again, just an idea that popped in my head - probably won't happen, but I wondered... school is coming to an end, so I have too much time on my hands to think :)

not sure what is up with WGI. The big PR blast that came out talked about past years soon, and it's 2 months since finals and it's just 14 and 15 so far.

Edited by Jeff Ream