INDY 2015

Cadets talked me into going. Crown and BD confirmed my reservation.

I'm considering ending my Lucas Oil boycott and hitting up Semis...it can't be THAT bad, right?

My first finals was 1985. This is my 30th anniversary year and the only year I missed was CA.

This will be the_Kid's 13th finals in his 15 years on this Earth and, this year for the first time in about 12 years, my 13 year old daughter will be joining us in Indy. the_Kid and I have been preparing her for what to expect - three days of nearly continuous drum corps will challenge even the most hard-corps fans, but it's the highlight of the summer in our house. She's excited to be a part of what has been, for over a decade, the "boys summer thing" we do.

It's a crazy, little hobby we have here.

• Like 1

I'm going. 3 years in a row now for both Semis and Finals. Always stay at the Hyatt by the airport. Like the location, short drive back to airport and not a far drive to Lucas Oil.

Has there ever been a planned DCP meet up during championship week?

Edited by beatmaker751
  • Like 1

My two cents worth. I've been to finals the past four years in a row, but am not going this year. I recommend staying close to Lucas Oil. I've stayed at the swanky JW Marriot, about 3 blocks away, and the more moderate Holiday Inn (across the street from Lucas Oil) and the Holiday Inn was the best. You can run across the street to your room in between sets of shows and get a quick bite, a quick rest, then get back for the next set of corps. No car necessary.

If you are alone, get the Indy Go shuttle bus from the airport. it's only 10 bucks to downtown hotels. If there are more in your party, a taxi might be a better deal as you can talk them into a good price.

It is great fun and I will greatly miss it this year. My son has aged out, but I'll be back, hopefully with him!

• Like 1