Best Show of Each Era?

Yes, I'd have loved to put 27th Lancers here too. Loved their shows. Guess I was asked " best ", so had to choose another above from this era. But I like your choice anyway, HornTeacher.

1981 27th is my go-to show. Sure many since are "better, but i still love it the most.

adding 70's - I agree, 76 BD is best of that era!

My favorite show of all time.

70's - not familiar

80's

89 SCV

88 Scouts

87 Cadets

90's

Wayyyyyyy too many good shows from the 90's to choose just one...even 3 would be hard to do.

Would have to choose, and this is a difficult choice:

99 Vanguard

92 Cavaliers

98 Cadets

Hard to leave out Cadets 93, Phantom 96, Star 93 & 91, BD 96. Not really a fan of Cavs 95.

2000-2006

Cadets 2000

Cadets 05

Cavs 02

2007 - Current

Crown 2013

BD 2014

Cadets 2011

I do think Crown 2009 is the greatest musical program ever written for a drum corps. If their visual program wasn't severely lacking, I'd have put them in over Cadets 11.

Consider my top choices to be #1 in each category.

1970s - Blue Devils 1979, SCV 1974

1980s - Garfield Cadets 1984, Garfield Cadets 1987

1990s - Star of Indiana 1991, Blue Devils 1994

2000s - Cavaliers 2002, Cadets 2005

2010s - Blue Devils 2010, Blue Devils 2014

Other shows of note from each era:

1970s - The 1975 Madison Scouts established a brand name perhaps more than any other show from that era. It's a throwback show that, to this day, would entertain the heck out of people.

1980s - Santa Clara Vanguard's shift to theatrical-based productions from 1986 - 1989 would change GE scoring and the overall perception of what drum corps were capable of when it came to props and color.

1990s - Aside from your typical top 4 corps in the 90s (Star, Cadets, BD, Cavaliers), the Madison Scouts would again assert themselves as crowd favorites with their 90s shows, especially in 92, 93, 95, 96, 97, and 99. Nobody came close to the level of mass crowd appeal that Madison had. If the crowd had a vote, the 1990s belonged to M*A*D*I*S*O*N !!!!!

2000s - The Cavaliers, Blue Devils, and Cadets continued to establish themselves as the Big 3 (in Star of Indiana's absence), Phantom Regiment's 2008 show is arguably one of the best shows ever, and The Cadets' 2005 show is the ONLY TIME EVER that a corps won every caption and every sub-caption at finals. However, perhaps the most striking changes to the activity happened in the board room where many new policies were set in motion. The 2000s ushered in the era of Bb and F brass instruments, amplification, electronic instruments (synths, guitars, keyboards), and narration/singing.

2010s - Carolina Crown and the Bluecoats have each pushed their way into the top 3 on several occasions, and DCI finally had a new champion (Carolina Crown) in 2013. Carolina's first title came 17 years after Phantom Regiment won their first title (a tie with BD in 1996) -- the last time a corps had won for the first time.

• Like 1

New poster! Sorry to bump this topic back up.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Blue Devil's Cabaret Voltaire was the "best" show of it's era?

On a side note: Contradicting myself, I also get that for most people, we had to do some research to honestly get what the show was about, so maybe that's why it may not be considered maybe the greatest.