Innovations in Brass: Akron

If they want to make finals and people say the groups after them today are 11 and 12ish they have alot of work IMO. Take what you want from that.

Anyone who saw the preview knows that they have a lot of work to do with the visual, but if the show is there (which I think it is) then everything else can be fixed.

• Like 1

I have no doubt that the visual will clean up for Troop this year. The content is there....young corps but greater commitment from membership will have them in the thick of it by season's end

That comment just moved you on up the list in my rankings. Now we must recruit more into our secret society.

Secret society was a very underrated show in my opinion.

I have no doubt that the visual will clean up for Troop this year. The content is there....young corps but greater commitment from membership will have them in the thick of it by season's end

Me too, I'll say visual ensemble and technique did seem a little dirtier then I anticipated, but not uncleanable. I think they took a major step up in terms of design. Sounds like the brass, percussion are killing it and the show is very enjoyable. I'm excited to see it again, remember, it's how you finish! They started off in 2013 below 60 and look where they ended up. Looks like they got their fences in tonight:

11112216_884762454894964_847454880752697

Secret society was a very underrated show in my opinion.

Immortal was better, secret society had some moments I like but the ending was very uncharacteristic of them. Usually when I think about their shows there's "wow" moments I use to characterize the show and with secret society there just wasn't much at all 'cept maybe the blindfolded pyramid but that doesn't compare to the marimba circle in 14' IMO. Waiting for cavaliers to reveal their wow moment this year.

• Like 3

Thoughts on BAC from the people sitting around. Didn't get the show and after Game of Thrones it went down hill. Troopers horns were better than BAC but BAC was visually better. Blue Stars have cleaned up a lot and had the best brass sound and blend. Blue stars percussion is just sick they will be moving up this year.

Why does a person have to "get" a show? Can't we just enjoy (or not) the music and visual that goes with it? This isn't meant to attack your opinion. I've often wondered about this when I've seen it written about other corps, not just Boston.