Fake Plastic GE

ahha...lol..distraction is one word for it..lol

and the lighting, this has been talked about many times and that it could be the next big thing, no revelation there.

Some corps may do it but then BD or another will come out and do it right. It will be spectacular. There will be, like in most things a few misses then BANG, a new era

Personally, I think that show-specific costuming of the corps proper may be on the horizon...a la Surf when they did the show with "School's Out' in Hawaiian shirts and bermuda shorts.

Personally, I think that show-specific costuming of the corps proper may be on the horizon...a la Surf when they did the show with "School's Out' in Hawaiian shirts and bermuda shorts.

Shhh .... Surf's 2015 show uniforms don't appear until July 2.

I was referring to their 2003 show..."Down the Shore...", a GREAT show....they were div II then.

I know, I was teasing, because their "SunSurfing" uniforms this season are also show-specific, and Hawaiian shirts and board shorts would have been a possibility this season as well. Well, at least I don't believe they have intention to use them in future shows - I can't say for sure. And I haven't even seen them yet myself - just heard reports (vague, unfortunately).

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

Some got it and others got funky

Was commenting on current show design and that some effects on the field this year are not very effective due to either over-use, lack of a coherent connection to the show, being poorly preformed or a combination of all three.

These failed effects seem to come at a price to the rest of the show

Perhaps instead of rolling on the field to symbolize the ennui of emotional nihilism corps would be better served rotating a box. Maybe instead of some awkward 8 count chicken dance on the closing cord, it’d be better to stand still and play the note well.

Then I was commenting on decorative props that are not integrated into the show and seem to be there for their own sake, like SCV’s backdrop last year or Cadets back drop this year and many of the tarps, should those really be pulling GE? the staff bought them and just set them up and they do nothing for me...do we pit them against each other for a score cause Cadets is ugly compared to SCVs 2014?

So this old versus new debate while amusing isn’t as amusing as many of the posters championing bland, cookie cutter, nonsensical, poorly preformed design as the 'innovative future' of DCI…it’s sort of the opposite of innovative, its bad

• Like 1

Some got it and others got funky
Was commenting on current show design and that some effects on the field this year are not very effective due to either over-use, lack of a coherent connection to the show, being poorly preformed or a combination of all three.
These failed effects seem to come at a price to the rest of the show
Perhaps instead of rolling on the field to symbolize the ennui of emotional nihilism corps would be better served rotating a box. Maybe instead of some awkward 8 count chicken dance on the closing cord, it’d be better to stand still and play the note well.
Then I was commenting on decorative props that are not integrated into the show and seem to be there for their own sake, like SCV’s backdrop last year or Cadets back drop this year and many of the tarps, should those really be pulling GE? the staff bought them and just set them up and they do nothing for me...do we pit them against each other for a score cause Cadets is ugly compared to SCVs 2014?
So this old versus new debate while amusing isn’t as amusing as many of the posters championing bland, cookie cutter, nonsensical, poorly preformed design as the 'innovative future' of DCI…it’s sort of the opposite of innovative, its bad

I thank you for affording me the opportunity to replace my old dusty keyboard. I did in fact spew coffee all over my old one. Fortunately I have brand new ones readily available in our storage room.

they do nothing for me

I solved the puzzle.

• Like 2