Whitewater Rapids! The Whitewater Classic 2015

That's the problem. I'm a lover of fair lineups and making things random actually. But this is not random, it's manipulated to make it "sort of" random. Random would be pulling from a hat and having Bluecoats on first, Pioneer somewhere in the middle, an open class (or two) between Madison and Phantom, etc.

If we're going to do it in some sort of order, make it that way.

Sorry, this is not a Regional, so that's not how it happens. That process is in effect for Minneapolis, San Antonio, Atlanta, Allentown, etc. Where did you get your info from?!?

Sorry but that's how all shows are determined

That is certainly news to me. But if you guys say so (refer to signature). :)

So here's two random shows I picked from this year.... explain please...
Laramie:
Spirit (17) on before Pacific Crest (20)? The Academy (16) on after Colts (13)? Neither one are in each other's blocks of 3.
Pasadena:
http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210140883
Pacific Crest (20) on after Blue Knights (8), but still 4th from the end (why not on last if they sponsor the event)?
There are more, I'm just picking from random clicks here...

Maybe this is how it is said it is done. But publicly and in articles, DCI has only stated it happens at the major Regionals. I would believe you (really) if it was consistent at each show, but it's just not. I'll keep this process in mind though for the future and keep looking at lineups.
Edited by IMcomguy

The drawing for position IS how it is done with a few exceptions. Whitewater is considered one of the Scouts "home" shows. Corps can have more than one home show. Bluecoats have 3. Akron, Pittsburgh and Massillon.

Phantom has a home show in West Virginia.

I know this drawing in groups of 3 applies to the top 12 and I think for the rest of the field as well.

The lineup really can't be determined based on the current year's scores at this point in the season. After a couple of the regionals

are done THEN the lineup for the remaining regionals will be based on THIS year's scores.

• Like 1

I might also explain that a "home" show means a specific corps is the main sponsor. They have the responsibility of running the show and, hopefully, making the profits from the show.

Many shows are run by high school bands, some are run by specific corps, a few by organizations (YEA) and the biggies by DCI.

Zero rain in the forecast here, but trending a bit hotter on Sunday. High of 86...approaching my limit of comfort. Lol. Yes, I'm a pansy when it comes to hot.

The "pods of 3" rule is how most lineups are arranged, however they have adjusted the World Class placements by taking out Open Class. Academy is seeded in 15th because BDB was removed from the lineup, and SCVC will be taken out as well.

Personally I'd love Pods of 5 so that those corps just outside of Finals have a chance to get an advantage for once. :)

• Like 1