Cadets and Innovation

A Z-pull 300 feet in the air, with the corps members all using jet packs.

That, my friends, is what is needed. :ninja:

• Like 1

I am certain Hopkins and Sacktig will gladly accept your donation cheque for the same. :-)

• Like 1

If Cadets actually did that, somebody would say that the Cadets " stole " the innovation idea from Crown. And you just KNOW it too.

What Garfield said to some degree, sure.

But again, over the past couple of years, I feel Cadets have been trying to adapt to the rules of a game that other corps have defined. And that is always the nature of how this activity has evolved over the decades.

I simply want to see them making the rules again. That's all.

I would like to see this too, but I am not sure what else could be done in this activity less having members literally float around the field playing instruments that haven't been invented yet.

where can we go....Productionwise?

-bigger, more intricate 'stages.'

-lights, effects, pyrotechnics.

Performance

-more instruments.

-celebrity cameos.

Presentation

-A more rapid show evolution (imagine if a corps had a 3 part show, with Chapter 1 in June, Chapter 2 in July, Chapter 3 at Finals)

-'Higher' Concept. eventually somebody is going to see what a full minute of silent running drill looks like.

none of those...except maybe pyrotechnics...are any more outlandish than if you had told me in '97 that we were less than a decade away from sound sampling and Mic'd singers.

• Like 1

where can we go....Productionwise?

-bigger, more intricate 'stages.'

-lights, effects, pyrotechnics.

Performance

-more instruments.

-celebrity cameos.

Presentation

-A more rapid show evolution (imagine if a corps had a 3 part show, with Chapter 1 in June, Chapter 2 in July, Chapter 3 at Finals)

-'Higher' Concept. eventually somebody is going to see what a full minute of silent running drill looks like.

none of those...except maybe pyrotechnics...are any more outlandish than if you had told me in '97 that we were less than a decade away from sound sampling and Mic'd singers.

Imagine where we'll be 10 years from now, hell even less than that.

I would like to see this too, but I am not sure what else could be done in this activity less having members literally float around the field playing instruments that haven't been invented yet.

Neither do I. But that's probably why you and I aren't on a design team. :)

I think it's easy to look back and see the progress of the activity being logical (to some degree anyway). But I think if you were to look at it from the 70s and 80s, much of what's being done right now would have been unimaginable.

That's what I expect the Cadets to do.... the unimaginable. :)

Neither do I. But that's probably why you and I aren't on a design team. :)

I think it's easy to look back and see the progress of the activity being logical (to some degree anyway). But I think if you were to look at it from the 70s and 80s, much of what's being done right now would have been unimaginable.

That's what I expect the Cadets to do.... the unimaginable. :)

Dude I can't even design my apartment, let alone a drum corps show lol...

in today's climate, what would be innovative would be an acoustic show on G bugles.

in today's climate, what would be innovative would be an acoustic show on G bugles.

I guess that "innovation" would prove that not all innovations are steps forward.