Clifton 7/5

Seems like every year there is one corps that has by far the most homer-fans than any other corps. This year, that nod goes to the Boston Crusaders.

Eat 'em up BOSTON!!!!!! :)

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

Seems like every year there is one corps that has by far the most homer-fans than any other corps. This year, that nod goes to the Boston Crusaders.

... Uh no that goes to Bloo.

• Like 2

... Uh no that goes to Bloo.

Bloo was last years

Regarding BAC....the spreads can be instructive, particularly their spread from the top. Ten days ago, they were tracking 12-13 points away from the very top. As of tonight, they have closed that spread to 7 pts. Assuming the DCI Champion will end up at a 98 or 99, that puts BAC in the 91-92 neighborhood at finals. Yes, I know this is all hypothetical, but clearly the organization would rather be sitting here than where they were a week and a half ago...

The brass is starting to clean up nicely...even from just 3 days ago...it is obvious to me the brass is starting to work on the nuances and technical details...I have listened to this show a lot!...lol

Great show last night. I sat up top and got an upclose look at great corps.

BLUE DEVILS- a guard member emerges from a page of a book and we witness a series of fairy tales (Snow White, Little Red RH and see Peter Pan). The corps plays beautifully and this is my favorite musical BD in some time. Visually the books and latters don't bother me live as they did on vid. Its a cohesive program that's interesting and performed well. I don't feel the corps is unbeatable as in past years, not because they are not great, but because other corps have stepped up.

CADETS-the power of TEN is evident from the preshow. The show is not about a Russian Revolution, but is about the power of Ten, (Shosty 10th movement, counting, Xs, multiples of ten in the staging moving at 226 bpm 2+2+6). I think that makes it interesting versus another show on a revolution. The visual program is mesmerizing. It just doesn't

stop from beginning to end. Some groups get their effect through staging, body movement and individual characterization, but this group does it through music in motion. Best brass of the night especially in the softer volumes where Crown sounded a bit airy and lost some of the blend. I would like the color palate to be more reflective of the anger in the music even if the show isn't about a revolution and hope they revisit the colors. This is the best CADETS in many many years.

CROWN- this group has the best power and energy of anyone despite the inverted banner tonight. They are maxing out a very good show. The effect is starting to come through as the members are taking on the characterization of the music and pull you into their sinister world. Guard is stunning. Very mature guard writing and performed extremely well. They should win this caption. I think visually this corps is missing something still. Perhaps a new ending will do it for me. Cadets and BD just take over the field but Crown seems too contained and that added with the dark unis makes them "small visually". Crown is a hair away from shooting up the ranks this season. I loved them.

BOSTON- honestly, I thought this show was great. This is the best BOSTON in years and visually and effect wise, should do well. I felt the brass was weaker than the rest of the corps. Decent power at full volume but some quality issues at lower volumes (fixable). I was impressed with the guard and loved the expansive field coverage of the show. The color palate was stunning. I LOVE BOSTON IN 2015! Happy Birthday guys!!

• Like 6

The guy sitting in front of me told the guy sitting next to him "It's supposed to be that way, it will read normally from the judges box up high at finals". uh.

But from hell looking up to the GE box perhaps?

CADETS-the power of TEN is evident from the preshow. The show is not about a Russian Revolution, but is about the power of Ten, (Shosty 10th movement, counting, Xs, multiples of ten in the staging moving at 226 bpm 2+2+6)

Not a math major, are you? :poke:

/jk

+++

Seriously, thanks for the nice review. :cool:

Edited by wvu80

Yep..I belive that score for boston...it was not inflated...they were incredible tonight

Loved them..,
  • Like 1

Not a math major, are you? :poke:

/jk

+++

Seriously, thanks for the nice review. :cool:

Good point! Lol, you know what I meant.