Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

What is wrong with you people?...this sounds like nothing but gloom and doom drum corps...I haven't seen the show...but they have to be doing something right? yeesh

Absolutely. They are a top 12 drum corps in an extremely competitive year. They have an outstanding brass line. Percussion is solid and getting better. Visual is too dirty and maybe slightly over-written. That's maybe my only concern for the show. Some fine tuning, perhaps some scaling back, and lots of cleaning will help, and I have no doubt they will impress everyone come finals.

• Like 1

Absolutely. They are a top 12 drum corps in an extremely competitive year. They have an outstanding brass line. Percussion is solid and getting better. Visual is too dirty and maybe slightly over-written. That's maybe my only concern for the show. Some fine tuning, perhaps some scaling back, and lots of cleaning will help, and I have no doubt they will impress everyone come finals.

But why start off with so many issues rather than having a better design at the beginning, then clean and layer?

Edit for wording.

Edited by phd-student-TTU

Did anyone recall watching Janina interview the staff when she was Periscoping at the Rose bowl? She interviewed Don and someone else, can't remember. I think the brass caption head.

They literally said the show would be like watching "analogue tv" but would later become clear and "HD" by finals. That interview was so odd. They were very hyped about their product and trying very ha rd to sell it with their responses. The way they spoke about it was like saying "Yeah our show is pretty weak and unclear right now, but it will turn out great!"

That and I remember Don almost looked offended when Janina asked why they were using the same pieces as in previous years. Don's response being something about it not being nostalgia but those pieces just happened to fit the theme.

Ha I'm probably reading too much into it though.

I wish that video could be posted. It was an absolute joke!!! Those two should be run out of town on a rail.

But why start off with so many issues rather than having a more design at the beginning, then clean and layer?

Different design philosophies. Crown has tried both types. Last year they had a cluttered design and slowly took things out. This year they have a barebones design and are adding.

• Like 1

For promoting their program? What would you expect them to do?

Wouldn't refer to what they said as promoting. Was very poorly stated. It was embarrassing. Actually sums up so much of what has been said on this thread. Just a suggestion, maybe the p r guys should be more careful as to who is being interviewed.

Edited by Pes49