FanNetwork Poll

FanNetwork 2015  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Have you spent any money on FanNetwork in the past and present?

• Yes, I have in the past and Yes, I have this year
    • Yes, I have in the Past and No, I have not this year
    • No, I have not in the past and Yes, I have this year
    • No, I have not in the past and No, I have not this year

you make it sound like the feed is bad. While there is no DVR the feed has been fine minus a few glitches

I completely disagree... They place the microphones in front of the front ensemble sound system therefore, overloading the audio with front ensemble. The multi camera calls seem to be just as bad as BOA!

I don't want to look at one single performer during the biggest impact of the show!! The video is choppy (along with the audio). Hell it seems like every time I am off work and am able to watch it, all i do is get angry with it. In my opinion its not worth the $99.95 that I wasted on it.

RANT COMPLETE...

I completely disagree... They place the microphones in front of the front ensemble sound system therefore, overloading the audio with front ensemble. The multi camera calls seem to be just as bad as BOA!

I don't want to look at one single performer during the biggest impact of the show!! The video is choppy (along with the audio). Hell it seems like every time I am off work and am able to watch it, all i do is get angry with it. In my opinion its not worth the $99.95 that I wasted on it.

RANT COMPLETE...

Well technically speaking, the mics are placed well in advance of any corps performance so really the corps are putting their amps close to the mics...

In all honesty though, where should they put the mics? They have one dead center behind the drum major (sometimes it ends up in front of the drum major if it's tight) and they have 2 on either side. They can't have the mics located right along the sideline as equipment, props, even drill ends up along there...

The choppy video and audio are internet issues on your end. Either it's your connection speed, your PC or something up with your ISP but it's not on DCI's end. When numerous others, including myself, are having no issues at all with choppy video or audio, the problem can't be with DCI. It's not like they can target you individually and say give him choppy video.

Hope it all gets better for you though!

• Like 1

When you consider the cost of going to one show, it's really a pretty good deal if you are able to watch at least a few shows. The sound and video quality has been pretty good since the third show, if it's not, then it's probably on your end. The biggest complaints are not really DCI's fault, but due to copyright issues. Hopefully some of these issues will get worked out or improved.

Edited by Turnadot

When you consider the cost of going to one show, it's really a pretty good deal if you are able to watch at least a few shows.

That's assuming that the experience of live vs computer is the same. It isn't, so it can't really be compared in that way.

Sure it can, because of the number of live shows on the computer you get to see. If you are in Alaska you can still watch a show in Iowa, without the expense of traveling to Iowa. Of course it's not as good as seeing a show live. That doesn't even seem like something that anyone would have to debate.

Bought FanNetwork last year for archives. Got DCI live this year since I moved to Australia and can't see live shows. But, I now have to miss all the shows from DATR to two weeks after due to an unexpected work trip. No DVR sucks...

• Like 1

When you consider the cost of going to one show, it's really a pretty good deal if you are able to watch at least a few shows. The sound and video quality has been pretty good since the third show, if it's not, then it's probably on your end. The biggest complaints are not really DCI's fault, but due to copyright issues. Hopefully some of these issues will get worked out or improved.

It might not be their fault directly, but should the fans not expect more if they pay more? No DVR is very limiting and a lot of people signed up solely for the vault collection.

When I signed up at the start of the season, it was well known that the DVR function would not be available. I can understand your frustration if you signed up before that was announced and then you had to pay the same price for a lesser product. However, it would be poor business practice to allow the DVR function if DCI's lawyers felt they could be sued by this, as something like that could easily result in the end of DCI.

The choppy video and audio are internet issues on your end. Either it's your connection speed, your PC or something up with your ISP but it's not on DCI's end. When numerous others, including myself, are having no issues at all with choppy video or audio, the problem can't be with DCI. It's not like they can target you individually and say give him choppy video.

I haven't bought this year as my weekends have been full. No DVR function kills it for me. I might purchase the Championship Package. I'm wary about some having technical issues. I live in a very rural area where the connection speed is atrocious. Surprisingly, the old Fan Network played very well through the years with just a buffering issue here and there. I'm not liking what I hearing from others. I can't play the free sample videos at all without a constant stutter. I'm hoping for the best and at least for DCI to refund me should I not be able to properly stream live. A very unfortunate season with much beyond DCI's control.

Edited by Whiskey

My situation is a little different in that my subscription came as a premium benefit from Friends.

While I appreciate at least having the access when my schedule allows, I'm not sure I'd spend for this product otherwise.

For me, the experience trumps all. We're fortunate to have at least 3 shows within a couple of hours of me and, while it surely costs more to go see a live show, three local shows at $35 each (and could do it cheaper) is about $100 each, $200 for the _Kid and me. Versus $100 to sit in the living room and watch on the big-screen?

I get plenty of live drum corps each year - maybe too much spent to enjoy it. The FN was for when I was too lazy to reach up to my media collection, or when I wanted to see corps progress throughout the season if I couldn't catch them live - on my own schedule. Having neither of those in the benefit list makes the value much less for me.

If I'm going to plan a season around shows I'll plan a physical attendance, not a digital one.