San Antonio Lineup

I am still sorry about the amount of time I waisted in reading all the comments on this thread from a few people that really should find another way to express themselves.

While I certainly don't agree with every thing that's posted on this site, everyone should feel free to post their opinion, whether you and I like it or not. To suggest otherwise, is censorship.

• Like 2

I'm merely saying there is a better way to express oneself about a subjective activity of competition... said nothing about censorship. Much of the banter is so egotistical... and so I just thought it was a waste of effort... if you as an individual are that passionate then find a way to make change in a constructive and respectful way.. this is a public forum.. and if you take yourself out of the conversation and read all of this thread once the tone changes..it's disappointing

Edited by 3boys1gurl

Crown and PR just aren't connecting with me this year, tbh.

You haven't seen Crown live, have you?

You (and everybody else) are entitled to your opinion, opinions don't bother me. But you might want to qualify your opinion, "based on watching corps X live! I think..." or "based on what I've read on this board I think ..." There are people who base their opinions on what others say. A person can still have an opinion based on that, no problem.

But go see Crown live and have them melt your face off from the huge brass sound. Then get back to us on "not connecting." :cool:

OK Cadets guard is not BD or Crown this year, but awful? What are examples of how awful they are?

For the record, I don't think they're awful. I am also NOT a color guard guy. I watch the beautiful marching of the brass and percussion so whatever the guard is doing, who knows?

But I did notice when the flags are all around the outside of the corps, the flag twirling motions are not together. Even a complete CG dummy like me can see that.

Edited by wvu80

Funny, 90% of my post are positive, hopeful, and supportive, but hardly get any response. Make one controversial post, and it gets quoted over and over.

Do I think BD will win, yes. Do I want BD to win, no. I am pulling for Cadets this year because their show is amazing and drum corps at it's best. Maybe if I keep saying BD is going to win, it won't happen. Reverse psychology.

Can we not all agree though, that a very competitive year is much better for the fan base and does make for the possibility of more fans joining the activity? Most young kids these days are brought up in a very competitive world, and close competition excites them. Year after year of runaway competition, will get repetitive and will lose fans. DCI needs the fan base to grow as much as possible. My post was satirical, but none the less, has truth at it's core.

LOL I actually think that Pioneer got so fed up with going on first at these shows that they all showed up and cornered Dan Acheson in the tunnel before their normal gate time arrived. He seemed a bit nervous, wondering why they looked so angry and were getting so close to him. Then the smallest girl in the color guard stepped forward and slapped him in the face, pushing him around and saying, "Look, we're tired of these crap performance slots, see? Now here's what you're gonna do, Danny boy. You're gonna put us on last, got that? LAST. After those Cirque de Soleil rejects from Concord, you hear me?! Make up some bull-#### story that we had bus problems or something. We're making the rules from now on, understand? Now go get us a cream soda, b-####!!!"

:laugh:

LOL! Finally, a DCI conspiracy theory I can get behind!

I find it more credible than the usual "DCI judges screwed my corps over because they don't like them" theories!

+++

This is by far, BY FAR the best post of the 1,750 posts in this thread! :laugh:

Edited by wvu80

Critically important question: Why is it BLOOOO and not BLUUUUU? BLOOO is pronounced "blow" after all.

What??? Are you out of your ever lovin' mind?

What does Casper the Ghost say in your world? "Buuuuuu?"

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

While I certainly don't agree with every thing that's posted on this site, everyone should feel free to post their opinion, whether you and I like it or not. To suggest otherwise, is censorship.

After wasting a lot of time reading through pages of personal attacks, troll posts and moronic conspiracy theories to get to the legit intelligent opinions, censorship is starting to look pretty good to me right now. :biggrin:

Edited by wvu80

What??? You are out of your mind!

What does Casper the Ghost say in your world? "Buuuuuu?"

Casper says BLOO? No, Casper says BOO. When you put the "L" in there, it changes the pronunciation.