San Antonio Lineup

Stop creating drama where none exists. You sound ridiculous. If you have a negative view of Cadets, that's only because YOU formulated it. Letting someone's actions control your thoughts make you seem weak, and I'm sure you're not weak.

Anyway, I just watched Cadets show. Where's this ensemble tear people are talking about? I didn't hear it.

I replayed three times and couldn't hear it either. May have been a dome thing. Thought they were great.

On of the percussion judges put Crossmen in 17th... interesting.

Yes, that was the long time Percussion judge, Ausdemore. (Crossmen, 17th ) The newer Percussion judge, Mullinix had Crossmen 12th in Percussion. That is very interesting indeed, as once again we have judges evaluating the very same performance in their assigned caption and coming up with completely different evaluations on the performance. Judges, judging Corps in the 9th-15th range really are all over the lot oftentimes in the subcaptions with these Corps. There tends to be much more uniformity of opinion in the Corps in the 1-8 range with not much disparity except only marginally. But below this upper tier we have judges placing Corps in the subcaptions, 5-6 positions removed from one another... thats a lot of disagreement between these 2 judges, judging the same subcaption, with similar judging criteria to judge that caption. I don't think its the Corps performance changing in performance from show to show in these 9-15th slots, as much as it is the assigned judges changing from show to show that are doing the evaluation. I don't think its any anything nefarious going on.. a " conspiracy", if you will.. I just think its just judges evaluating the very same caption, and simply having entirely different opinions on what they are seeing and hearing, more than anything else.

Edited by BRASSO

How I see it from recaps. In the end, BD will win. The judges are keeping it close for now, to keep up excitement, after last year's runaway year. Close scores make for more interested and excited fans, which helps boost ticket sales. It is good for the activity to have ACTUAL competitive scores.

A crew of nine judges cannot agree to do such a thing...... we must face the fact that the top 5 (6 ?) are THAT close...... One would have to be as dominant as 2014 BD to win by two points and approach 100 in scoring..... as captions get split, the highest possible score will also decrease.... I don't see a conspiracy, only GREAT drum corps....

Yes, that was the long time Percussion judge, Ausdemore. (Crossmen, 17th ) The newer Percussion judge, Mullinix had Crossmen 12th in Percussion. That is very interesting indeed, as once again we have judges evaluating the very same performance in their assigned caption and coming up with completely different evaluations on the performance. Judges, judging Corps in the 9th-15th range really are all over the lot oftentimes in the subcaptions with these Corps. There tends to be much more uniformity of opinion in the Corps in the 1-8 range with not much disparity except only marginally. But below this upper tier we have judges placing Corps in the subcaptions, 5-6 positions removed from one another... thats a lot of disagreement between these 2 judges, judging the same subcaption, with similar judging criteria to judge that caption. I don't think its the Corps performance changing in performance from show to show in these 9-15th slots, as much as it is the assigned judges changing from show to show that are doing the evaluation.

If you want the two percussion judges to have the same scores and Ordinals, it begs the question....why have two judges. Two humans looking at different places on the field may have differing opinions of where groups should place. And that is ok.

Z

• Like 2

The ensemble tear in the Cadets that several people heard last night (including me) occurred in the opener right after the X set if I remember correctly. Could've definitely been the dome effect.

You haven't seen Crown live, have you?

You (and everybody else) are entitled to your opinion, opinions don't bother me. But you might want to qualify your opinion, "based on watching corps X live! I think..." or "based on what I've read on this board I think ..." There are people who base their opinions on what others say. A person can still have an opinion based on that, no problem.

But go see Crown live and have them melt your face off from the huge brass sound. Then get back to us on "not connecting." :cool:

No kidding. Crown connects with the audience right out of the gate. Let's face it, if they had a better uniform and a better ending I think they'd be in the lead over Cadets and BD. Competition aside I am loving their show, and I still say the lead-up to Ode To Joy is the best brass playing you will hear from any corps this summer. That 15 to 20 seconds is just magical brass playing.

• Like 1

Funny, 90% of my post are positive, hopeful, and supportive, but hardly get any response. Make one controversial post, and it gets quoted over and over.

Do I think BD will win, yes. Do I want BD to win, no. I am pulling for Cadets this year because their show is amazing and drum corps at it's best. Maybe if I keep saying BD is going to win, it won't happen. Reverse psychology.

Can we not all agree though, that a very competitive year is much better for the fan base and does make for the possibility of more fans joining the activity? Most young kids these days are brought up in a very competitive world, and close competition excites them. Year after year of runaway competition, will get repetitive and will lose fans. DCI needs the fan base to grow as much as possible. My post was satirical, but none the less, has truth at it's core.

I think we would all agree that competitiveness and having a lot of corps in contention for a medal is a good thing, but very few of us believe the results are being rigged as part of some grand scheme.

• Like 1

Casper says BLOO? No, Casper says BOO. When you put the "L" in there, it changes the pronunciation.

When Casper goes to a show and the Bluecoats take the field, it's 6f55e7934d3d9a8e1efc52d4681c69f667953805

Edited by wvu80

She's a mess of a judge. Has been for years. ..

Ouch.

I did not know one could say something like that on this forum.( lol!)

But I like the bold, no hold back, comment of yours on this particular judge... ( although I personally think she's a capable, veteran judge, and far better than 2 or three others that will remain nameless, that I would personally put in the " a mess " of a judge category, if one forced me to publically do so. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Critically important question: Why is it BLOOOO and not BLUUUUU? BLOOO is pronounced "blow" after all.

Once you add the second "O" it no longer has a "oh" sound but an "ew" sound. Like TROOP or SWOOP. So BLOOO has an "ew" sound after the BL, and it looks better. :)

• Like 1