Cadets: starting to believe it can happen?

I was present at last nights show in Houston. I have seen both BD and Cadets a number if times now and the styles are so different it's hard to compare. You just feel though as if Cadets have thrown all they can onto their show and now are running as hard as they can, in the hope that the Blue Devils, who are cruising along on their shoulder don't decide to make a home stretch kick and overtake them with no way to respond.

BD are so very creative and talented, it's their choice what to do. Well, we will see in a few weeks !

Just an aside : We saw SCV for the first time, It is actually the Cavaliers in an SCV uniform. What happened to The Vanguard unique style?

I was present at last nights show in Houston. I have seen both BD and Cadets a number if times now and the styles are so different it's hard to compare. You just feel though as if Cadets have thrown all they can onto their show and now are running as hard as they can, in the hope that the Blue Devils, who are cruising along on their shoulder don't decide to make a home stretch kick and overtake them with no way to respond.

BD are so very creative and talented, it's their choice what to do. Well, we will see in a few weeks !

Just an aside : We saw SCV for the first time, It is actually the Cavaliers in an SCV uniform. What happened to The Vanguard unique style?

Huh? Not sure where to start. BD can't just decide they want to win it and just blow past Cadets. That's absurd. It also implies BD is not trying to win now. Also crazy. And lastly, its insane to think Cadets can't just win this thing on their own merit because it's a great show being performed very well.

Please tell me that was a troll post.

• Like 3

I guess a thread of 340+ pages where people are heaping praise and appreciation towards the Cadets isn't enough. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Hahaha

I love the velocity of The Cadets, I love the work ethic, I love it when it all comes together. As an outsider my impression if The Cadets is they put in the hard work and sweat. My impression of the Devils is of a well funded all-star team that achieves on superior talent, design and knowledge of the judging system. I know that might sound crazy to some, but I also know the others impressions of "my" corps sound crazy to me.

That being said, I'm enjoying the fact the The Cadets seem to be firing on all cylinders. I always root for any kind of shake up in the G7 order of 1-7, and I love new blood in the top 3. Let's go with Cadets winning, some new blood in 2nd and Devils as a strong third. Looking for at least 1 and hopefully 2 of the G7 being displaced by Blue Knights and maybe Madison or another corps.

Game on!

Huh? Not sure where to start. BD can't just decide they want to win it and just blow past Cadets. That's absurd. It also implies BD is not trying to win now. Also crazy. And lastly, its insane to think Cadets can't just win this thing on their own merit because it's a great show being performed very well.

I think he's getting at more of an idea of Cadets going all in too early while BD is saving big changes for later in the season that might put them back ahead.

Thank you. I know you are a BD homer, but you're very fair, balanced and respectful of the Cadets.

• Like 1

Oops

Hit an exposed nerve, sorry no intention!

I need to make it clear that I really like the Cadets show and am very much looking forward to seeing it again today in San Antonio. Clearly Cadets, are working very very hard and the results are clear for all to see. In addition, there is also doubting the a round abilities of BD and that shines though to me too

Competition is a good thing all round

I really think at this point Cadets have the show to beat. I have thought that since the beginning of the season. I think the only corps that could possibly knock them off would be Blue Devils, although I don't think BD has a show designed as well as some years past. I would say SCV is in a good spot to claim 3rd place by finals week. I think every year Cadets try to design a show that will win them a championship. And like every other corps of that caliber, they work their butts off to achieve the best results from that show design. And I would say most years, almost every subcaption is usually in the top 3, or pretty darn close. I think every year they go into the season confident, knowing they have an excellent design team(even if we don't like some of their show ideas) and some of the best members involved in the activity.

I don't think with the level of the top 5 corps this year that anyone is a lock for the title, but I would say I think Cadets have the best chance with the best show design up to this point. Again, there are a few weeks left, and I am sure many changes coming for many corps.