What should the "Big, Loud & Live" announcers talk about?

I think having an inset image of a decibel meter in the lower right corner (similar to what they do during Seattle Seahawks home game telecasts) would be a thrill and give younger performers an idea of how loud a modern day drum corps can get. This opens up other possibilities too, such as naming rights-- "Tonight's High Volume Award is sponsored by Mutual of Omaha's Drum Corps Decibel Meter!"

On another note, I wouldn't mind seeing guest commentators again...for example, Christopher Walken (who is an accomplished dancer) and William Shatner (great storyteller and former, um, Golden Throats "musician") could team up to provide their unique perspectives in their own classic way:

Walken: "I'm thinking that...they have a solid grasp...of the content...such movement..."

Shatner: "Imagine! To BE the music! To....FEEL the emotions astheyreachout and TOUCH...the audience, who is...hanging, like a comma added, for...dramtic effect, onto Crown's every note..."

Flashback to Spartacus: "He's dead, Jim!"

I'd like to see interviews with professional musicians, producers, dancers and choreographers etc... who have marched DCI and have them talk about what they learned from their DCI experience and how it has impacted their current professional work.

• Like 1

Blue Stars

Clips: Stars' "Houdini" 2010; Bridgemen circus show.

A clip from the Star '87 circus show. Maybe the juggler there or that big yellow tiger/dragon they had in the show?

Edited by HornTeacher

I hope that can talk about the growth of the activity, especially new open class corps that appear to be on the verge of making the World Class roster. Not in a silly, nondescript way, but in a way that matters.

• Like 1

I'd like to see interviews with professional musicians, producers, dancers and choreographers etc... who have marched DCI and have them talk about what they learned from their DCI experience and how it has impacted their current professional work.

That really would be fantastic, and frankly informative for most who follow the activity. Would also be great to focus on some high school feeder programs.

Interview some members from other countries and ask how Drum Corps is percieved there.

Do a name that tune show - I know folks who can name the tune, the corps that played it and which show it was in and sometimes, which YEAR.

Talk about how members get sponsored, how people can raise money for tour fees...Talk to that Tiny Corps girl who sells stuff for tour fees on etsy!

Talk about corps traditions and mascots - Sarah the ghost of GWest, or the secret spoon society...

But please, please don't roll out that old chestnut about the kids with their pots and pans blah blah blah...

Edited by Corps_Efan
  • Like 1

Interview some members from other countries and ask how Drum Corps is percieved there.

Do a name that tune show - I know folks who can name the tune, the corps that played it and which show it was in and sometimes, which YEAR.

Talk about how members get sponsored, how people can raise money for tour fees...Talk to that Tiny Corps girl who sells stuff for tour fees on etsy!

Talk about corps traditions and mascots - Sarah the ghost of GWest, or the secret spoon society...

But please, please don't roll out that old chestnut about the kids with their pots and pans blah blah blah...

I like to do that before they start to the background music during the trivia. I'm pretty good at it considering I only started following drum corps at the end of 2012. I would love it though if they actually showed what performance was being played so I can check my guess

Fair enough, though there are plenty of other opportunities to do something similar.

Airplanes? Crossmen 2015/Blue Devils B 2008

Not Cadets '92?

I probably should have started this thread at the beginning of the season. Feeling the time crunch now! But updated for all suggestions offered so far.