Opelika "WAR EAGLE" Alabama Sounds of Summer

Congrats madison!

Looks like GE was the deciding factor tonight?

Specifically it's the visual. If Blue Stars could do to their feet what they've done to their brass over the last week or so, they'd be on fire. Guard is cleaning up and looks like they'll end up just as strong as last year, percussion (specifically pit) are on fire, brass is getting stronger...at the moment, visual is an anchor sinking their scores. They have so much potential. It's time to start canceling music blocks and doing some extra hard visual cleaning. If they can get that in order, look out.

• Like 1

WHOA!!!! Mandarins beat SOA in Music Analysis, Percussion and Guard! And Mandarins Brass beats SOA and Colts! Somebody said the Mandarins brought it tonight. I guess they sure did. I look forward to seeing them on DCI Live tomorrow.

• Like 2

Specifically it's the visual. If Blue Stars could do to their feet what they've done to their brass over the last week or so, they'd be on fire. Guard is cleaning up and looks like they'll end up just as strong as last year, percussion (specifically pit) are on fire, brass is getting stronger...at the moment, visual is an anchor sinking their scores. They have so much potential. It's time to start canceling music blocks and doing some extra hard visual cleaning. If they can get that in order, look out.

Agreed. It's totally a visual problem. I'm not a numbers guy (so correct me if I'm wrong), but a low GE 1 score will hurt the overall total more than a low Vis proficiency or analysis score?

• Like 1

WHOA!!!! Mandarins beat SOA in Music Analysis, Percussion and Guard! And Mandarins Brass beats SOA and Colts! Somebody said the Mandarins brought it tonight. I guess they sure did. I look forward to seeing them on DCI Live tomorrow.

But they lost in GE and Visual. Winning 1 out of three won't necessarily beat another Corps.

Good job Spirit and Mandarins!

• Like 1

In Open Class, Southwind (54.900) takes both G.E., all Visual, and Musical Analysis, while Heat Wave (52.250) takes Brass and Percussion--the latter by 1.600, the biggest caption difference between them tonight. Congratulations to Heat Wave on their debut.

• Like 1

True, winning one out of three will not "necessarily" beat another corps. Madison took 1 out of 3 captions tonight, but so did two other corps (Blue Stars in Music; Boston Crusaders in Visual). Looks like a pretty good matchup between these top three tonight.

• Like 1

Congrats to Madison tonight!

..It's tight though between these 3 corps with MS having the edge....BS within .4 of BAC...and MS within 1.55 BAC...BS within 1.15 of MS