Lower placing World Class Corps ---WOW!

You would've saved time by just saying... " I like everybody but Spirit".

This year was the first time I have ever seen Mandarins live and I LOVED their show. I could tell I wasn't the only one at the Atlanta show that was surprised when they performed - the sound, the design....quite honestly, I think they should be ahead of Spirit.

I also really like the Cascades this year and wish they were placing a bit higher.

One of my favorites of all World Class is The Academy. It doesn't appear they will pull it off, but I feel this show should be in 12th and make Finals. I enjoyed it so much more than Crossmen and feel it should be scoring higher than them.

Edited by chadwick

This year was the first time I have ever seen Mandarins live and I LOVED their show. I could tell I wasn't the only one at the Atlanta show that was surprised when they performed - the sound, the design....quite honestly, I think they should be ahead of Spirit.

I also really like the Cascades this year and wish they were placing a bit higher.

One of my favorites of all World Class is The Academy. It doesn't appear they will pull it off, but I feel this show should be in 12th and make Finals. I enjoyed it so much more than Crossmen and feel it should be scoring higher than them.

yep...not the only one!...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

You would've saved time by just saying... " I like everybody but Spirit".

???

I like Spirits show, said it on their thread. Is it a show I overly enjoy like the others I mentioned? No. Didn't mention Surf either, mentioned Pioneer cause I think their improvement this year is worth mentioning, but it's not a show I can say I *really* enjoy like those others.

Edited by DrumManTx

???

I like Spirits show, said it on their thread. Is it a show I overly enjoy like the others I mentioned? No. Didn't mention Surf either, mentioned Pioneer cause I think their improvement this year is worth mentioning, but it's not a show I can say I *really* enjoy like those others.

Just ignore it....besides I don't like EVERY show...as much as I love BAC...there are some years their show was not my taste...

Can we just get 13th to 18th on Saturday night instead of 7th to 12th? I'd probably enjoy the show more this year.

Yes, I know that can't happen. I still think there needs to be a "wild card" exhibition slot on Finals night. Let's reward a corps for putting on one hell of a show even if it doesn't meet the judge's criteria of Saturday-worthy.

Edited by Pinwiz

I too wish Cascades were placing higher, tbh, I really hope they make semis, and I dont know whats holding their score back.

Still think 2013s Destination America show is their strongest design, but they're GOOD this year.

Oregon Crusaders visual performance is holding them back, but overall a step in the right direction IMO.

I LOVED that Destination America Mands show. Just an excellent show and I saw it twice live - at prelims and semis in Indy.

As for OC, they have stepped it up this year. Not sure why the show hasn't caught on with audiences BUT their guard has grown by - as they say - leaps and tosses since the beginning of the season. If they fill those holes and continue to clean they're gonna score. The battery is killing it every time (13th in Atlanta). Brass is holding its own as well.

This corps is being under appreciated this year IMO. (Spoken like a true homer :winky:)

Edited by luv4corps

I've said it before... but again, I never cease to be amazed at how the quality level of the so-called "lower tier" corps has improved by leaps and bounds in recent years.

A 17th-place, 18th-place corps now would have been a solid finalist back in the day.

I've said it before... but again, I never cease to be amazed at how the quality level of the so-called "lower tier" corps has improved by leaps and bounds in recent years.

A 17th-place, 18th-place corps now would have been a solid finalist back in the day.

I think it just goes to show the amazing "teaching" talent that is out there now...When you think about it...probably many of these instructors came from top tier groups and are now teaching what they learned to their students...this is especially the case when the top tier hold on to their current staff...the "others" need to go somewhere and it gets trickled-down IMO...