Lower placing World Class Corps ---WOW!

I completely agree. I think the Mandarins are having a WONDERFUL year. It should also be noted that this is the first year since entering World Class that Mandarins are marching a completely full corps.

I agree with the posts that Mandarins should be scoring higher - I completely agree.

The Mandarins are one of the most well-managed corps and provide a wonderful experience for their marching members. I could see them inching up a spot or two for the next few years.

• Like 2

I completely agree. I think the Mandarins are having a WONDERFUL year. It should also be noted that this is the first year since entering World Class that Mandarins are marching a completely full corps.

I agree with the posts that Mandarins should be scoring higher - I completely agree.

The Mandarins are one of the most well-managed corps and provide a wonderful experience for their marching members. I could see them inching up a spot or two for the next few years.

...and who designed their drill this year? ( hint: P.W.) That makes a big difference, imho. Looks like they have a pretty good design staff and teaching staff. Good for them. I enjoyed their show this year.

...and who designed their drill this year? ( hint: P.W.) That makes a big difference, imho. Looks like they have a pretty good design staff and teaching staff. Good for them. I enjoyed their show this year.

I'm just disappointed they don't use real Oriental drums in the closer, but I totally understand the expense. It's a real nice show!

I'm just disappointed they don't use real Oriental drums in the closer, but I totally understand the expense. It's a real nice show!

To get 9 full 6ft trampoline drums would probably bankrupt the corps, and would need their own trailer. At least the pit patch matches them hitting the drums, so it sounds like they're playing

• Like 1

To get 9 full 6ft trampoline drums would probably bankrupt the corps, and would need their own trailer. At least the pit patch matches them hitting the drums, so it sounds like they're playing

I know where you can get some trampolines real cheap. Lol!

I watched every single corps in San Antonio, and I was truly amazed by Pioneer this year. Usually, I feel a little sorry for them - I know they work hard, but this year was such an improvement, even after the frustrating day they must have had, that I was glad they had a decent crowd. They probably would have had a better one, but no one ever told us inside the stadium that they would be performing last, and lots of people sprinted for their cars the minute the last scheduled corps performed (getting out of the parking lot in San Antonio is a nightmare).

Overall, the level of performance across the board was much higher than just two years ago. There were only three corps where I found myself playing the "watch the drum judge & see if he gets trampled" game - and two of those were in the top 10! Maybe I was just tired by then, or maybe their GE is for the judges, not a never-marched-a-corps fan like me. Anyway, I will be tuning in early during finals to watch these corps compete again. They were that good!