Who will be the next World Class corps to make finals for the first ti

Who will be the next World Class corps to make finals for the first time?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next World Class corps to make finals for the first time?

There's a great chart of all the DCI World Class finalists at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Drum_Corps_International_World_Championship_finalists. It got me to thinking about who would be the next World Class corps to join this list. Current Open Class corps are not included in this poll.

Edited by DrumCorpsRadio

My head voted Academy, but my heart is pulling for Mandarins

• Like 3

There's a great chart of all the DCI World Class finalists at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Drum_Corps_International_World_Championship_finalists. It got me to thinking about who would be the next World Class corps to join this list. Current Open Class corps are not included in this poll.

The only other metric that would be nice to have is the first year each corps competed in WC or Open Class (however it was classified).

Edited by Plan9

This is funny to me. After PC blew ppl away in 2003 it was said they'd be the next corp to break into finals, and since then they've been mingling in that same tier: 16-18. Academy came out with a vengeance and ppl said they were the next corp, and my choice to crash the party. Now, it's Mandarins and OC. This goes in cycles, especially when a corp just shocks us. Nonetheless, Academy has the best shot in my opinion.

Last new corp to break into finals were the Cascades in 2002...13yr drought we're on.

Edited by HPUEuph

Voted academy but I want Oregon Crusaders. Until they start moveins earlier and change drill writers they will be in the same tier.

That is exactly what I did/what my thought process was.

A year ago I would have said Oregon Crusaders, in 2012 I would have said Pacific Crest, in 2022 The Academy. Now my vote is for Mandarins. They are marching 150 members this year, the membership is young, the corps has a great bond, their shows are original and have been showing steady improvement. If they retain membership and have a productive winter, we may be pleasant.y surprised in the next year or two.

I would love to see any of them make finals one day, especially Surf, but right now my vote goes to Mandarins.

• Like 1