Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

Beethoven's 9th Symphony is one of the greatest pieces of music ever written. You should give the whole thing a chance. It is remarkable.

For those of us who have had the thrill of performing Beethoven's 9th, it is awesome to enjoy Crown's musical fidelity to the spirit of the piece. The top 5 corps tonight were simply wonderful!

• Like 3

Is tonight the ageout ceremony and all? I'm wondering how long we wait for scores...heh

Yep. Ageout

Beethoven's 9th Symphony is one of the greatest pieces of music ever written. You should give the whole thing a chance. It is remarkable.

Everyone keeps telling me that...haha ....I'll perhaps give it a second go MAYBE...haha

Great Job to all the corps that performed tonight, as every corps deserves a huge standing ovation for working so dang hard this summer! On behalf of all the fans like myself, you made this years shows legendary.

Based on the performances I watched tonight, I think the placement order will be as follows:

1. Crown
  2. Cadets
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Bloo
  5. Vanguard
  6. Blue Knights
  7. PR
  8. Cavies
  9. Madison
  10. Bluestars

On the recap posted so far (through Boston) Troopers were:

1st (1st & 1st) in G.E. 1;

3rd (3rd & 3rd) in G.E. 2;

3rd in Visual Proficiency;

3rd in Brass;

4th in Visual Analysis;

4th (4th & 4th) in Percussion;

but they got clobbered in:

Music Analysis -- 6th: 1.9 pts. behind Crossmen

and

Color Guard -- 7th: 0.4 pts. behind Crossmen

Had the Crossmen not gotten the 1.40 penalty their score would have been 85.275. The real race was for 13th place between The Colts and The Troopers. Troopers taking it by .775. Visual Anaysis for the Colts was 3rd. They went back and forth with the rest of the scores.

Seems like Crown's guard had an outstanding run - I just love the flags backfield after Ode to Joy. Sure looks like we should be marking them down for the Zingali, and the corps for the gold.

I'd give that guard a perfect score...it was flawless!

Had the Crossmen not gotten the 1.40 penalty their score would have been 85.275. The real race was for 13th place between The Colts and The Troopers. Troopers taking it by .775. Visual Anaysis for the Colts was 3rd. They went back and forth with the rest of the scores.

Did that knock Crossmen out of finals?