Juicy Rumors - Know One or Start One - True or False

National Geographic has officially assigned DCPers their own mascots for 2016, amazing creations that unite both dinos, bandos, wannabees, and noobies alike. Parents of noobies may even be awed.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365578436/

I think you may have just spent too much time on PBS lately. FYI, they stopped broadcasting DCI Finals a few years ago...

I think you may have just spent too much time on PBS lately. FYI, they stopped broadcasting DCI Finals a few years ago...

too well do I know that. St. Ignatius Girls were still around when those pledge drives were fillers between corps on PBS. Unfortunately, too few drum corps fans actually fulfilled the pledges they made to PBS. (I hope they sent the cheques directly to the corps but I suspect there are a lot of loafers out there who say one thing and do another, or worse, do nothing.)

Ah you would prefer this who is probably a fan of Troopers '15:

im20120956_strange.jpg

Lol

im20120956_strange.jpg

Wild Horse(s)???

im20120956_strange.jpg

You can't unsee that.

Wild Horse(s)???

Triclops.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoof alert* Spoof Alert*

In special preparation for their 2016 season, the Boston Crusaders, already known for their jet-setting ways between Florida and Logan Airport, will begin their La Mancha Spring Training with a special trip on Iberian Airways for on site rehearsals along the Costa del Sol..

In Espana, the corps will visit a real windmill (borrowed from Jubal's prop department with special nods to the Coats for letting the guard Tilt at windmills), break out the all weather gear protocols as they find that the rain is mainly on the Plain, and experience special workshops for proper castanet technique. This has been arranged by their Norwood-neighbor who will also subsidize Flamenco training for the snare line and bass drummers who will not put down their equipment like most other corps' batteries in order to do this highlighted visual feature. Advancing the corps past its Jubilee year, the brassline will hum the 2000 Bolero show to/from/and in Spain whenever they are not playing their '16 rep. Lip slurs will be studied in Barthalona where the drum majors will make a special presentation of the return of the 2006 props used in Cathedral so that the Catalans can complete Sagrada Familia. The ensemble rehearsal will feature a special quintet encore of Brasso, Craiga, Liahona, emc2, and Ghost which will be in the bull fighting ring in tribute to their many years of fighting the bulls on these threads. While they clear customs and await TimK to finish his novenas at Monserat, all will be seeing RED and hoping for another great summer season.

Thus endeth the Spoof.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

I could use a large Sombrero right about now. ( no.. not the headgear. )

Edited by BRASSO