Boston Crusaders 2016

Yet another show from last years 6 - 12 that seems really strong on announcement. All going to come down to how they're presented.

So true.

So true.

Should be up from the past few years at the start. ( IMO 4 to 6 points at the beginning).

Was trying to think today about what I liked so much about the announcement. I think focusing on the essence and message of the story they have chosen to portray rather than focusing on the substance and characters is incredibly smart. They are not limited by what the original is trying to directly portray, but are still working with what makes the book what it is.

I think that's what made Blue Devils in 2014 so great, they focused on the essence and tone of Fellini rather than focusing on the story of one of his movies is what made that show work so #### well. They didn't limit themselves with a concrete story, rather a feeling and take on things inspired by him. Think that's why I made the comparison earlier.

Like I said, this show has my full attention. Every show has some of my attention, but there are a few each year, two or three, that I get a gut good feeling about. And this is one. Either that or they're just really good at selling a show. :tounge2: Boston is a corps I always end up enjoying, but I can't say one that has ever had my attention at the beginning of the season. They're on that list this year.

Should be up from the past few years at the start. ( IMO 4 to 6 points at the beginning).

Looking at the past two, do not see why not. They kinda started slow out the gate and then really caught on in August last year, if they can start a week or two ahead in scoring, that'd help out quite a bit.
Edited by DrumManTx

Looking at the past two, do not see why not. They kinda started slow out the gate and then really caught on in August last year, if they can start a week or two ahead in scoring, that'd help out quite a bit.

It's always tough for any corps to start the year knowing they need another 25 points to make top six.

Was trying to think today about what I liked so much about the announcement. I think focusing on the essence and message of the story they have chosen to portray rather than focusing on the substance and characters is incredibly smart. They are not limited by what the original is trying to directly portray, but are still working with what makes the book what it is.

I think that's what made Blue Devils in 2014 so great, they focused on the essence and tone of Fellini rather than focusing on the story of one of his movies is what made that show work so #### well. They didn't limit themselves with a concrete story, rather a feeling and take on things inspired by him. Think that's why I made the comparison earlier.

Like I said, this show has my full attention. Every show has some of my attention, but there are a few each year, two or three, that I get a gut good feeling about. And this is one. Either that or they're just really good at selling a show. :tounge2: Boston is a corps I always end up enjoying, but I can't say one that has ever had my attention at the beginning of the season. They're on that list this year.

I too am so looking forward to Boston's show this year. For many of the reasons you pointed out. I like that you mentioned the BD show philosophy. There is that BD connection this year to Boston with Jay Murphy and Tony Smith's programming input. Although Tony is a long time Boston guy he has spent many years with BD, bringing some east and Boston attitude to BD those many years ago to add to all the great stuff BD already did. Now there is some BD influence coming to Boston. IMO.

Speaking of " I, Don Quixote" ( From The Man from La Mancha), I thought of the great trumpeter, Arturo Sandoval, and Linda Eder when together they teamed up with the Boston Pops Orchestra one year on the 4th of July. Nice rendition here of the song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtEa0cXGMw

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Speaking of " I, Don Quixote" ( From The Man from La Mancha), I thought of the great trumpeter, Arturo Sandoval, and Linda Eber when together they teamed up with the Boston Pops Orchestra one year on the 4th of July. Nice rendition here of the song :

Ah, love Linda Eder, ever since I saw her in "Jekyll and Hyde" on Broadway. Thanks for posting!

156px-(NPC)_Donkey_Hotay.png

• Like 1

Speaking of " I, Don Quixote" ( From The Man from La Mancha), I thought of the great trumpeter, Arturo Sandoval, and Linda Eder when together they teamed up with the Boston Pops Orchestra one year on the 4th of July. Nice rendition here of the song :

Good turn out, unloading all new brass and percussion equipment. ( thanks BAC). (Thanks Yamaha). Looking forward to here the new sound. The best sound so far is BAC Giant the corps song (on FB). Overall production should be great and will push BAC forward from last year.

• Like 1