Boston Crusaders 2016

Had the chance to listen to my CD on the way to and back from TMEA this weekend, Boston was definitely one of my favorites on there.

I didn't make it any secret I was not a huge fan of the show the whole season this past year, wasn't anything personal, just wasn't for me......until the quarters broadcast. Still not my favorite visual program, but man I could listen to that show all day. Love the way they arrange every year, very high energy and engaging stuff. The first big moment and that final push at the end are just downright glorious. Excited to see what 2016 brings. Hopefully I'm able to jump on the wagon from day one, but I guess it's in the end that matters.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Had the chance to listen to my CD on the way to and back from TMEA this weekend, Boston was definitely one of my favorites on there.

I didn't make it any secret I was not a huge fan of the show the whole season this past year, wasn't anything personal, just wasn't for me......until the quarters broadcast. Still not my favorite visual program, but man I could listen to that show all day. Love the way they arrange every year, very high energy and engaging stuff. The first big moment and that final push at the end are just downright glorious. Excited to see what 2016 brings. Hopefully I'm able to jump on the wagon from day one, but I guess it's in the end that matters.

BAC was one of the most improved world class corps from the beginning of the year to finals. I felt very much the same way as you did. I really believe the reason was how they brought this show to life. It's almost as though the performers grew into this one. By the time Indy came around, they sold it and owned it. Rich colors, rich sounds, and emotional. Well done. Really enjoyed them in Indy. Edited by drumcorpsfever

BAC was one of the most improved world class corps from the beginning of the year to finals. I felt very much the same way as you did. I really believe the reason was how they brought this show to life. It's almost as though the performers grew into this one. By the time Indy came around, they sold it and owned it. Rich colors, rich sounds, and emotional. Well done. Really enjoyed them in Indy.

The Boston Crusaders have had a reputation the last decade or so of this tendency to really come on strong by Championships. The years that their best show of the year is on Finals Night, is not an unusual one for them. Thats a testimony to their good instruction there and the hard work thru the summer of its MM's. BUT.... there is a flip side to this too, imo. For whatever reason, Boston has also had a recent reputation of coming out a bit more unprepared than several others for the first couple of weeks of the season too. Thats not good. Hopefully, they can come out a bit more prepared for the early shows this summer.

BUT.... there is a flip side to this too, imo. For whatever reason, Boston has also had a recent reputation of coming out a bit more unprepared than several others for the first couple of weeks of the season too. Thats not good. Hopefully, they can come out a bit more prepared for the early shows this summer.

Did Boston have to change show directions last year around February? Cannot recall where I read or heard that possibility. But, that's old history and so far over this Winter, all signs are they are doing a better job of addressing the sluggish starts of recent years.

Did Boston have to change show directions last year around February? Cannot recall where I read or heard that possibility. But, that's old history and so far over this Winter, all signs are they are doing a better job of addressing the sluggish starts of recent years.

I believe you are referring to yet again another "music rights" issue which caused that February show direction switch if I recall...and like you said that's past history...

The Boston Crusaders have had a reputation the last decade or so of this tendency to really come on strong by Championships. The years that their best show of the year is on Finals Night, is not an unusual one for them. Thats a testimony to their good instruction there and the hard work thru the summer of its MM's. BUT.... there is a flip side to this too, imo. For whatever reason, Boston has also had a recent reputation of coming out a bit more unprepared than several others for the first couple of weeks of the season too. Thats not good. Hopefully, they can come out a bit more prepared for the early shows this summer.

I have to agree with you on this point...but then I think back to a time when BAC did not even perform until July...although this was a few decades ago this is certainly not a luxury that can be continued for a division that has become extremely competitive in recent years...and I will go even further to say it almost even boxes the corps into a certain weight class so to speak that is being "a bit more unprepared than several others" ...It is so much harder to earn those points coming from behind IMO and they'd be in a heck of a better position competitively if they were being underscored versus the latter.

• Like 1

and I will go even further to say it almost even boxes the corps into a certain weight class so to speak that is being "a bit more unprepared than several others" ...It is so much harder to earn those points coming from behind IMO and they'd be in a heck of a better position competitively if they were being underscored versus the latter.

To finish in the top five, a corps needs around a 93 (95 some years). If a corps starts in the mid to high 60's, they may have a tough mountain to climb.

The issue in early 2015 mainly was concerned with the visual staff and a large change in philosophy between camps.

Three months until MM move in. Any word on the show's progress? Are spring training camps being held in the same locations as recent past years? Any word on the corps new home in Hyde Park? It is due for move in there in April. It has been too quiet and I struggle with getting info from facebook as emc2 suggests all the time.

Three months until MM move in. Any word on the show's progress? Are spring training camps being held in the same locations as recent past years? Any word on the corps new home in Hyde Park? It is due for move in there in April. It has been too quiet and I struggle with getting info from facebook as emc2 suggests all the time.

I honestly think most of the corps either don't realize that super-fans like yourself really want more during the off-season or they are just so guarded to only trickle little bits of info here and there with some unfounded fear that perhaps some sort of negative criticism might ensue. I don't really know why and I'm just speculating as to the reasoning. BAC had a great social media team over the summer IMO, but what about now during the off-season? They've had a few announcements, but it seems lately I've heard nothing but crickets...I feel the same pain you're experiencing. I want to know more as well. As far as Ghost's suggestion...We really shouldn't have to ASK for information...

The only corps that gets it in my opinion....is the Cadets...they've kept me engaged and interested about what they are doing and their program during this off-season. More corps should consider following their playbook in this regard.

• Like 1