Boston Crusaders 2016

Please stop being so cryptic...I can never understand half this stuff...What does "Immortal" mean?

Music by Black Dyke band Immortal. They talked about doing a show around this last year but could not get the OK.

Music by Black Dyke band Immortal. They talked about doing a show around this last year but could not get the OK.

That is a great piece of music. (I recall mentioning when the Cavies announced their show name of "Immortal" that it would be great if they played the Black Dyke Band version.) I had heard something about that possibility, but they had to wait a couple of years before they could give it a go. Maybe that change of shows is why "Conquest" got off to a slow start. Even more reason to give the corps and especially the mm a well done for changing gears with everything else they had to do this past season.

That is a great piece of music...I would not object if they did that for 2016 or 2017 even!

When I heard that Cavaliers were going to play Graham's "On the Shoulders of Giants" I thought that was a piece that BAC should have been playing if only for the title and the coincidence of BACs corps song.

But knowing the Graham piece from its use on the PBS, I was soooooooooooo disappointed with the arrangement and snippet that Cavaliers presented, actual brass performance not withstanding.

If Boston did tackle "Immortal," I would hope that the arrangement would not be a similar snip, bop, and paste but actually given some of the true substance and mastery of the work., not merely a drive-by nod of the shako.

At some time, Boston (or another fine corps with a mighty fine hornline) might do a fuller arrangement of Graham's "...Giants."

• Like 1

My personal impression on Chris Holland's hiring was that he would be taking over Jim Cronin's position as executive director of Inspire, leaving Jim to be Chairman of the Board, rather than taking over Andy's position.

My personal impression on Chris Holland's hiring was that he would be taking over Jim Cronin's position as executive director of Inspire, leaving Jim to be Chairman of the Board, rather than taking over Andy's position.

Well then WHY was he removed from the website under staff then? and why does the post from someone I know has been with the organization 25+ years would say below...I never said he was gone, but if this was not the case then I'm sure someone from BAC would have read this and said you guys have everything all mixed up...or then again maybe it will be all sorted out by September or October...

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

Once again misinformation by Ghost. It is Chris Holland (NOT Chris Collins, whoever that is) who is taking over for Andy Waldukat.

Well then WHY was he removed from the website under staff then? and why does the post from someone I know has been with the organization 25+ years would say below...I never said he was gone, but if this was not the case then I'm sure someone from BAC would have read this and said you guys have everything all mixed up...or then again maybe it will be all sorted out by September or October...

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

Once again misinformation by Ghost. It is Chris Holland (NOT Chris Collins, whoever that is) who is taking over for Andy Waldukat.

Andy is out and Chris is in. Both good people. I have meet Chris before and talk to him this past week end. Chris is a great person and has done a lot for BAC over the years.

BAC is helping out the UK drum corps. They are using BAC equipment truck.

• Like 1