Boston Crusaders 2016

Come out of the gate with a better design and be more prepared (Stop digging them self into a hole so early in the season).

You and craiga have a good read of the corps each year, but did they have to drop a theme back in Jan./Feb and then start putting Conquest together?

Heck. Observations which should lie on the webpage of every Corps in the activity. Sadly, as much as they try, most never accomplish the sense or the feeling. I just wish I had been there to see it. It would have been life-altering, I'm sure.

...you know, not to put you down, but in whatever experience I've had with *any* drumcorps I've been associated with, olde top *50* to II/III to Open Class to World Class...they *all* have had a great, communal, vibe at the end. So, that's just me observing, but I also equate it with going to war (the real kind) and the feeling we vets have to those we've gone into battle with. It really is similar...and universal in that sense.

...you know, not to put you down, but in whatever experience I've had with *any* drumcorps I've been associated with, olde top *50* to II/III to Open Class to World Class...they *all* have had a great, communal, vibe at the end. So, that's just me observing, but I also equate it with going to war (the real kind) and the feeling we vets have to those we've gone into battle with. It really is similar...and universal in that sense.

I meant my post in the most positive and supportive of senses. I shall judge that this was made in the same. And by the way...I was not speaking of "olde," per se (simply being, the "yesterday" of Drum Corps). I was speaking across the many years of history which various Corps both share and differ. The history of every Corps is different...yet in spite of that, I am interested in the history of ALL Drum and Bugle Corps. As far as "going to war"...that is something of which some of us (foremost being myself) can't relate. And neither should we. I had a great-uncle who walked Normandy in the midst of battle. Do I pretend to know or understand what he went through? No. All I know is this: all family discussion, at ANY time, was to stay away from the subject. That was horror enough for me.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

I meant my post in the most positive and supportive of senses. I shall judge that this was made in the same. And by the way...I was not speaking of "olde," per se (simply being, the "yesterday" of Drum Corps). I was speaking across the many years of history which various Corps both share and differ. The history of every Corps is different...yet in spite of that, I am interested in the history of ALL Drum and Bugle Corps. As far as "going to war"...that is something of which some of us (foremost being myself) can't relate. And neither should we. I had a great-uncle who walked Normandy in the midst of battle. Do I pretend to know or understand what he went through? No. All I know is this: all family discussion, at ANY time, was to stay away from the subject. That was horror enough for me.

...OK...I don't think you got my ultimate point, but my response to what you wrote was good natured...not antagonistic at all. It's just how I see things, as all of us see things according to our varied experience...and since I've been *in* drum corps my entire life, sans the army thing and early childhood, it naturally colors everything I do and say...so here's to our activity!

• Like 2

I've been trying to find what BAC has for upcoming events. Usually there is a golf tourney, which I'd like to play in this year, but I am having no luck finding info on it on the website or facebook. Anyone know when it is or where to locate the corps calendar?

You and craiga have a good read of the corps each year, but did they have to drop a theme back in Jan./Feb and then start putting Conquest together?

Immortal.

Immortal.

Please stop being so cryptic...I can never understand half this stuff...What does "Immortal" mean?

What does "Immortal" mean?

Undying? :tounge2: