Carolina Crown 2016

The Thing is a stage coach. Not a Conestoga wagon.

whatever!

• Like 1

From a (former Crown member) guard perspective:

Holy heck the book this year that Michael has written for the guard is truly "relentless."

This might be the most difficult book I've seen from Crown.

The amount of unison tosses from the weapons, the slick movement underneath them, and the difficult catches - astonishing. And for the guard to be executing this well at the beginning of the season gives me hope that we won't see too much watering down for the sake of cleanliness.

It's also refreshing to see so much unison work with the all parts of the guard.

Movement as well is sharp and well-choreographed.

I think the guard is hungry this year to bring the Zingali to Fort Mill, and I hope they continue to clean clean clean and reach a level of performance that goes beyond what BD magically brings every year.

Speaking of BD, they've won the colorguard caption since 2008. I'm rooting for this year's crown guard to shake things up a bit (knock on wood).

It's going to be fun watching them evolve this season. Best of luck!

• Like 3

The tango is one of those things that you have to see live. I can understand how it's tough to get a good read on it via video - there is so much happening on the field, you can't possibly get the full effect without being there in person.

This show has me up until the tango sounding section. First half is awesome. 2nd half, we will see how it develops