Carolina Crown 2016

The "thing" doesn't seem to be integrated into the show very well, IMO.

They just drag it across the field pretty much in a straight line, unload the saloon doors, reload the saloon doors, stand on it, throw flags from it and that's it...

Not sure that it adds anything to the production - kinda' like the trampolines a few years back; if they took it away who would miss it?

Pretty sure a guard person gets murdered on it too.

My one complaint is that they need to do a better job at drawing attention to the characters and to the story as a whole. I'll see some story elements but it takes me several views to see them and I have to actually look for them.

Now that you mention it, I totally agree. One of the things BD does well is they make the story TELLING central to the show. They force the drama and most of the set pieces to the front third of the field, and they stage left to right, right to left, as opposed to front to back. This makes it much harder to march around, but it also makes it much easier to follow the story.

The set piece is so gigantic, and I am sure that is why they have it back of field, but the people standing on it are miniscule by comparison, and waaaaaay too far away to know what the heck is going on.

Maybe if the killed someone on the drum major's pedestal?

• Like 1

OMG...I've got Roxanne going around in my head and it's only June.