MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I'm not so concerned about the scores right now as I am about spreads. The scores I must admit on the west coast tour appear to be much lower than back east for some reason. Is this an effect of full or less judging panels or what? Are the corps in the east just that much better out of the gate or what? Nothing against Troopers but they appear to be moving up the ranks quickly. I wouldn't expect them to be placing higher than Madison and BK this early. And as good as SCV appears to be they can't seem break any higher than 6th or 5th. What is going on?

Muncie yesterday had a full panel.

I am not concerned with spreads from different shows, but I'm curious what is being said about the show and why it is being scored low.

Is it just dirty? Is the story not being brought out enough? Is it an easy show being performed poorly? Is it a difficult show being performed poorly right now? Do the judges just not like the show? Are other corps just THAT much better?

I'm bothered by this because the longer it is scored where it is, it'll be a bigger mountain to climb to catch back up.

I also feel let down because I really felt this was a production that would compete with the upper tier right out of the gate.

I am not concerned with spreads from different shows, but I'm curious what is being said about the show and why it is being scored low.

Is it just dirty? Is the story not being brought out enough? Is it an easy show being performed poorly? Is it a difficult show being performed poorly right now? Do the judges just not like the show? Are other corps just THAT much better?

I'm bothered by this because the longer it is scored where it is, it'll be a bigger mountain to climb to catch back up.

I also feel let down because I really felt this was a production that would compete with the upper tier right out of the gate.

That's DCP for you. Some things end up getting way overhyped while other things fly under the radar.

I still think this show has a lot of potential in terms of upward movement in placement, but I think people hyped this show up too much

Read nothing till they meet up with others. Going against lower tier and unfinished BK show makes it hard to compare.

That's DCP for you. Some things end up getting way overhyped while other things fly under the radar.

I still think this show has a lot of potential in terms of upward movement in placement, but I think people hyped this show up too much

I felt the hype from the videos I saw on the alumni site. Seemed to be a show with that "IT" factor that could grab the crowd and the judges. Still early but seems the crowd loves it, but per the norm, not so much with judges.

Edited by swmstom

I felt the hype from the videos I saw on the alumni site. Seemed to be a show with that "IT" factor that could grab the crowd and the judges. Still early but seems the crowd loves it, but per the norm, not so much with judges.

Yea...it sure is frustrating. The Mad Men are still stuck in the 9th or 10th spot right now.

Edited by FlamMan

So, someone please explain how the Scouts still cling to a one point advantage over a corps that to date has not finished their show. But yet, BD jumps something like 6 points in just a couple days. Seems like the same old dog and pony show year in, year out.

• Like 1

So, someone please explain how the Scouts still cling to a one point advantage over a corps that to date has not finished their show. But yet, BD jumps something like 6 points in just a couple days. Seems like the same old dog and pony show year in, year out.

Yea. Shouldn't an incomplete show be severely penalized? There is absolutly no excuse for a drum corp to field an incomplete show, especially nowadays when the season doesnt start until the 3rd or 4th week of June. Shame on the BK staff for not being prepared.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 2

Yea. Shouldn't an incomplete show be severely penalized? There is absolutly no excuse for a drum corp to field ann incomplete show, especially nowadays when the season doesnt start until the 3rd or 4th week of June. Shame on the BK staff for not being prepared.

They are being penalized...look at their score. they'd be much closer to BD with a complete show.