MADISON SCOUTS 2016

It's probably going to be a tricky one because if they follow the original 1970s movie the only thing that was used was a scaffolding with the ropes. I don't know but probably with the feedback they are getting I would bet that the show is definitely not finished. Also keep in mind Madison has not had several days off yet like BD to implement and really start to tweak and clean. I think the schedule starts to look more favorable for that as they leave California within the next day or so.

And I believe you're hitting on something with this show that might be somewhat of an achilles heel...Unless you've seen either the Broadway production or the JCSS movie, you'll have no clue (to a great degree) what the Scouts are attempting to portray on the field. There's a ton of nuanced things that are taking place directly from JCSS and it's a guarantee that people are not seeing it or understanding it. Therefore, it's not a reach to conclude that things like the scaffolding, the dude running all over the place, the guard seemingly playing leapfrog mid show is equating to a distraction to most since they've never seen the movie. The other challenge they will and maybe are already having with this show is that there's a whole lot of folks that remember the 99' show, which to many is one of the Madison favorites! And for many of these people, it's hard to not compare. I see this all as a real challenge for the Scouts to successfully "tell their own story" and tie it all together from start to finish and to do it in that classic Madison style which causes emotional bedlam by the end of the show. Again, it's certainly early enough for the 2016 Madison Scouts to make their mark in history!

I really liked the 1999 show! But as things are progressing and the more I see the videos of this version, I really think that I like it better.

I have seen the musical and movie and I really like how the Scouts have used the music and guard to interpret this production.

• Like 1

Here's a question for everyone who has seen the show either live or on video. As The Men begin their trek back to the east, what changes would you like to see to this year's show?

I've been saying it since the first full run through, but from the amazing company front up to the fast drill leading to the star formation needs major attention.

What say you?

Here's a question for everyone who has seen the show either live or on video. As The Men begin their trek back to the east, what changes would you like to see to this year's show?

I've been saying it since the first full run through, but from the amazing company front up to the fast drill leading to the star formation needs major attention.

What say you?

Agreed. The company front is a let down & the ending needs to be reworked. For me, the perfect company front music would be the chorus to "I Dont Know How To Love Him". Da...da da da da da...da.....da da da.da da da...da.

Edited by FlamMan

I love the powerful company front and that hit after the 39th lash. After that, though...it loses me.

Agreed. The company front is a let down & the ending needs to be reworked. For me, the perfect company front music would be the chorus to "I Dont Know How To Love Him". Da...da da da da da...da.....da da da.da da da...da.

And they could give everyone in the guard horns to play too. :lle::whistle:

I don't know if I'd call it a let down, but I do like the idea you said about a big push with that melody.

I dont know if this is something they can fix at this point, but I hate the transition from that awesome company front hit to the rest of the closer. Granted I've never seen the musical and how this plays out in that and if they're interpreting that, it just feels like it's taking a dark, slower, powerful impact, then going back to that light, quick signature Madison style. It just feels like it's lacking a solid transition.

On that note, I'm hype to see the show live for the first time tonight. I'm looking forward to them rocking it.

Edited by Damonallred

I'll be checking out the Scouts on Thursday in a whopping three-corps lineup in central Oklahoma - looking forward to it!

And apologies to the Scouts, as they are apparently housing at a school that plays eight-man football.