MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I strongly feel that this show has so much more "meat" to work with right out of the gate than previous years.

I'm sure there will be tweaks and rewrites as the season progresses, but I see this as becoming a monster

show for the Scouts. It's got so much tension and drama from start to finish....and that big dark power chord

is going to rip peoples' hearts out come Finals night!

• Like 3

Just watched the video - and I think I have whiplash from the design. The entire program feels forced to me - on a couple of levels:

My two cents - there is no consistency or flow from one idea to the next. Too much chaos, especially in the end of the show. I think the design team was trying too hard to make this show different than the 1999 show. It's extremely difficult to redo a popular or successful show concept, and in my opinion this is the perfect example of that. The kids look and sound great, but the show design is choppy.

I will sit here and wait to be loathed by Scout Nation. I see tremendous promise for this show and am looking forward to watching it grow all season. Get get'em boys.

You can call me a homer, rabid alum, etc. I do respect your opinion and appreciate your honest candor from your prospective of "Judas". I think all of us that were ever involved in the drum corps activity as members, alums, fans, etc, need to respect each other's opinions. Having said that I do think that those hiccups and inconsisties will get ironed out by August. I am so excited about this show!!!

• Like 3

I don't think this is an attempt to make things as different as possible from 1999 at all. The biggest part of the show that doesn't work for me yet is the closer. Although I say that after seeing the show 4 days ago and have already seen improvements to the flow of the closer already.

If anyone saw the 1999 show in June of that year, you would have seen a completely different closer. We learned a whole new version of the closer during the day, then marched the original closer in performances until it was ready.

That aspect of the program will be fine.

• Like 1

If you go back a few threads you'll see where I also said I had some reservations about the closer. I feel the rest of the show flows together very well with nice transitions. The closer, right now, feels choppy. Will be very interested to see what they do with that....and I'm sure it'll be amazing.

I'm so excited about this show. I haven't been this giddy over a Scouts show in quite a few years. They've had some great shows that I thoroughly enjoyed.....but this show has an "IT" factor that I just can't explain. I know this production will bring the crowd to their feet in several spots.

An interesting part the show on video is the transition from those awesome runs of the music that just stop. And then a turn backfield into the betrayal part I think. I'm sure there will be something more coming there in that transition.

An interesting part the show on video is the transition from those awesome runs of the music that just stop. And then a turn backfield into the betrayal part I think. I'm sure there will be something more coming there in that transition.

There's something already in there. I should say, somethings already been added.

Edited by tesmusic