The Cavaliers 2016

There are a lot of great things about this show. I would predict they end the season in 5th or 6th place. Lots of great Cavalier style drill, and great music. I thought the megaphone was a little much. Maybe it was just the mic placement, but it really distracted from the great show. Can't wait to see this show live. I thought the uniforms looked great on the field too.

There is definitely a lot happening, some things seem to add and others may be detracting. I'm personally waiting on the show Thursday for a better read of the potential GE. And the progression each Live show as things are added and taken away. I think the corps caps out at 5 and is as low as 8. Not a come back, but positive direction. A

• Like 1

Welcome back Cavaliers!

What a great start for you! Close the gap and climb!

:cool:

• Like 1

Great performance, great start to the season, and a positive look forward as the season just starts. Obviously there will be a change to the ending or a tag ending. I hope it caps the show off a little stronger. Excited for the road ahead, Splooie Brothers!

• Like 1

I don't think I'll ever listen to it on the CD's, but man that's a great show to watch. Fantastic performance, and well deserved win over Phantom.

Mike

Aside from 2000, 2007, and 2010 that's usually the case for the corps (since the new mellinium). They don't weave the music into the drill as perfectly as they used to 2001, 2002, and 2006 but are definitely on the right track.

Design wise I like this show a ton more than last year. I think at times it literally hits you over the head too much though. Guard had first show jiitters, Brass was great. The singing could be such a great emotional part of the show- but the voice overs- or whatever going in ruined it for me. Ending seemed tagged on and not finished- but by history of course it will change. Drill wise- yes please keep your guy from Avon- most exciting drill in years.

I'm glad that they proved a couple of posters on here wrong about their show!

Take out some of the voice overs.

Hinshaw does better this time around so far.

Some very interesting ways of presenting the music. I don't know how to describe it, but it's more like a flashback in time.

Lots to be done to enhance the show.

Edited by jjeffeory