Survey and DCI 2016 dates officially announced.

Cadets doing 33 shows including prelims, semis, finals. BD doing 27 including. Seems to be an increase for BD. Crown only doing 26.

First impression is that not as many Open Class shows nationwide besides California.

I counted 32 for Crown.

DATR completely marginalized. Hope SCV keeps coming up north and west.

Marginalized?? I disagree. Four Top 12 Corps and a bunch of others. I'll be there to see it.

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Cascades - Seattle, WA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Columbians - Pasco, WA

Gold - Oceanside, CA

Golden Empire - Bakersfield, CA

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Marginalized?? I disagree. Four Top 12 Corps and a bunch of others. I'll be there to see it.

Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Cascades - Seattle, WA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Columbians - Pasco, WA

Gold - Oceanside, CA

Golden Empire - Bakersfield, CA

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

wow

i clicked on the wrong link

• Like 1

Here's a local article about the relocation of the Bristol show. It basically came down to the corps themselves saying that the venue is too small overall to accommodate all the props and staging stuff in shows these days.

http://www.eastbayri.com/news/bristol-fourthes-to-cranston/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here's a local article about the relocation of the Bristol show. It basically came down to the corps themselves saying that the venue is too small overall to accommodate all the props and staging stuff in shows these days.

http://www.eastbayri.com/news/bristol-fourthes-to-cranston/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The corps parking for that place is ridiculously small. The corps motorcade even has to go over a small wooden bridge. Iirc, one or two corps dented trailers and equipment trying to squeeze in and then leave that place the year I was there.

No Crown at their home show in July.

Crown will be at their NightBEAT home show - which is business as usual and at the same time in the season as normal.

This CrownBEAT show is interesting, I don't remember them ever having a show in Central, SC. I imagine it will probably be at D W Daniel High School. https://www.google.com/maps/place/D+W+Daniel+High+School/@34.7406019,-82.833918,339m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xfb7ed6208fcc3144!6m1!1e1

Link for July 16th Atlanta Area gives a redundant listing for Minn. show same day, no details for this Georgia version..

They've updated the Atlanta Area show - It's an Open Class show. I'm really glad to see Music City start to move further south!

I can't see any event details for the early Allentown show on June 30th. Anyone know who is going to be there? It was a cool early show last year...I had a great time.

This is interesting. There are some errors in the article. For one thing DCI is well over 30 years old and in the early days, Bristol was not a DCI show. As the show grew it became part of the DCI tour and we saw more corps from the west and Midwest. Bristol can be a traffic nightmare and moving the show to July 5th and a venue that is closer to Interstate 95 is a good idea. Most of the license plates at Bristol are from Massachusetts and Connecticut so it should make traveling easier. There were also close calls last year between corps with set up and taking down, and it can be difficult for marching members to enter and exit. If they can create the Bristol atmosphere in Cranston (this could be difficult, Cranston is not as quaint) and fill the stadium (Bristol always sells out so this may not be a problem), it should be fine. Edited by Tim K

Thanks Matt

As the Bristol show has always been known for the fireworks after, some from the Committee and Bristol Celebrations, some from the neighbors, I wonder if Cranston will supply any as the show is post-Fourth (on the Fifth.)