Cadets 2016

Tobias

The thing to remember is the members asked for the challenge of doing a balls to the wall, high-flying, death-defying performance in 2015. Did they succeed? Ask them if they felt like they succeeded. I would say most definitely.

• Like 1

Disagree .

Members learned the show and mostly performed the show in tshirts in shorts. But we didn't see dramatic differences when they put on the maroons. In fact I'd say that uniform design focused attention on the lower body.

OTOH when they went to the black what did you see? Extremely high contrast white against against a black background. The *show* didn't suddenly change -- that would make no sense. What change was a spectator's ability to focus on specific parts of the members performance. It went from spotlight on the lower body to spotlight on interval and upper body control. Period.

Sure there was an adjustment period for members. But it did't suddenly create all those errors (which btw did persist to the end of the season). It just wasn't the same show anymore. They didn't suddenly get dirtier - we just (involuntarily) changed our focus.

And your sombrero example is ridiculous. The parallel case for a guard is a dramatic uniform switch. Have we ever seen that before? (yes) Did we suddenly see drops when that occurred? (No) A sombrero physically obstructs vision. Color change does not.

Dude.

The dirt was there in the white pants and the black. There was phasing feet, poor intervals, etc. throughout the entire year. It's a risk taken when a more vigorous and traditional visual program is attempted in a era where scatter drill, dance, and moving under tarps garners more general effect.

• Like 1

Do you guys realize it was 40 degrees on April 9th?!?!?!?! I SHOULD NOT BE WEARING A BEANIE IN APRIL!!!!

I drove through snow for an hour this morning when I left PA to go to Hawthorne, NJ for Caballeros rehearsal. Snow. on April 9th.

I drove through snow for an hour this morning when I left PA to go to Hawthorne, NJ for Caballeros rehearsal. Snow. on April 9th.

Will be nice competing against you this summer :)

Edited by Screamer

Meanwhile in the Texas panhandle earlier this week. Btw that's dust. :I

Loved hearing the Bluecoats talk about our weather when they rehearsed here in 2009. :)

CfUmxJZUUAAYzMI.jpg

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

All that's been proven here is you can't argue with stupid - there's great consensus in the visual universe that dark uniforms HIDE dirt

Now back to the topic at hand - Cadets 2016

Big thing will be "who does the guard progress?" - in a related topic, Mechanicsburg HS Winter Guard placed 7th last night in Scholastic World Class with a score of 90.6, just narrowly losing to the wonderful James Logan and several other top programs. Haven't seen the program yet, hope to get to at some point, heard some great things

Can't wait to see the guard start developing during Spring Training which is just 6 weeks away!!

All that's been proven here is you can't argue with stupid - there's great consensus in the visual universe that dark uniforms HIDE dirt

Now back to the topic at hand - Cadets 2016

Big thing will be "who does the guard progress?" - in a related topic, Mechanicsburg HS Winter Guard placed 7th last night in Scholastic World Class with a score of 90.6, just narrowly losing to the wonderful James Logan and several other top programs. Haven't seen the program yet, hope to get to at some point, heard some great things

Can't wait to see the guard start developing during Spring Training which is just 6 weeks away!!

She'll bring good stuff to CadetGuard