Cadets 2016

Tobias

I like the uniforms, but that might be because I'm a millennial :tounge2:

Edited by Double.D
  • Like 1

Showing my age here....

When I see an odd (as opposed to even) number of horns being fielded by a given corps, I at first wonder how they are going to balance the drill from side to side with that number. LOL

OK... back to my home at the La Brea Tar Pits... :tongue:

72 on the line plus 1 soloist (non marching)

A lot of Cadets alum complain about the uniform every time there is a change to it. I did it when they changed it in 2003 (primarily because I thought it looked sloppy). People complained about it in the Angels and Demons show, but it worked (very well I might add). But today's drum corps shows seem to be a lot about the entire corps scheme instead of just the guard. So as much as I miss the M&G, I am perfectly fine with them changing the colors to match the theme of the show. As long as the original West Point style is there, I can get over the color.

• Like 2

Not sure the breakdown of the numbers, but remember that they intend to have 1 trumpet soloist locked into position the entire show on one of their tower props (if I recall correctly)

Yes. Isn't he staying on the tower?

A lot of Cadets alum complain about the uniform every time there is a change to it. I did it when they changed it in 2003 (primarily because I thought it looked sloppy). People complained about it in the Angels and Demons show, but it worked (very well I might add). But today's drum corps shows seem to be a lot about the entire corps scheme instead of just the guard. So as much as I miss the M&G, I am perfectly fine with them changing the colors to match the theme of the show. As long as the original West Point style is there, I can get over the color.

If GH decides to scrap the West Point Cadet style uniform in another year or two, will you be joining the other Cadets Alums at the barricades ? just curious, thats all... as this is where I see this all heading in the not so distant future. Like anything else, most people have different tipping points on things.

Edited by BRASSO

If GH decides to scrap the West Point Cadet style uniform in another year or two, will you be joining the other Cadets Alums at the barricades ? just curious, thats all... as this is where I see this all heading in the not so distant future. Like anything else, most people have different tipping points on things.

What's not to say they go back to traditional colors next year? It seems as a color palette issue this year.

they let him down for meals, but that's it.

"Untie Mr. Paslow..." :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

Time will tell, but what I can say for sure is that so many complain about the Cadets' direction and how they're inconsistent when it comes to World Championships. I see them making a positive change at this point and I'm all for it. I am willing to stay open minded and see where THIS year's show goes. I cannot predict the future.