Cadets 2016

Tobias

Really dig the guard look and excited to see what Kristy and her crew come up with for these kids to perform. I'm now taking bets to see if these will be the guard unis at finals though.

Also like the additions of the lighter plume and drop sash to the black uniform. Last year was just so #### dark.... Although I do agree with Tekk that the cumberbund should have that marble/stone effect as well. Perhaps later in the season.

• Like 1

Part of what I had to email one of the MMs who asked me to help him find sponsors. Hard to do from a hospital bed (yes, more ops) but it reflects what I've been told by those who marched Cadets from past and up to most recent years. Sentiments aren't all from geezers. Most of those on this thread in love with the black uniforms neither marched Cadets nor volunteered with Cadets it seems, especially the loudest.

"I am having trouble getting anyone to say yes, even a little. No response on DCP at all.

Cadet alums I spoke with are NOT HAPPY with black uniforms and discarding 80 plus years of a successful tradition. Some have said no because they don't think Darryl and Jarrett respect the tradition enough. Some actually said no until the Cadets return to the maroon-cream-gold. It's their money and I can't obect to them how they spend their money and why. To be honest, I agree with them [to a degree] that the interlopers are not respecting who the corps is and Hopkins is not trusted with his design choices over the last dozen years. Many (alums) want him to resign. Sorry. I'll keep trying for you though."

Edited by xandandl

Missed the webinar? Want to see some 2016 drill? I got you covered. With included special DCP exclusive commentary from the one and only Hop!!!

Specially filmed on revolutionary phone on screen on screen process!

Expect 2016 spring training periscopes uploads again this summer!

• Like 1

Expect 2016 spring training periscopes uploads again this summer!

Augmented by, or replaced by, Facebook Live, which Hopkins was testing out this morning. I imagine the Facebook streaming version will have the benefit of not disappearing after a set time.

Edited by Eleran

Part of what I had to email one of the MMs who asked me to help him find sponsors. Hard to do from a hospital bed (yes, more ops) but it reflects what I've been told by those who marched Cadets from past and up to most recent years. Sentiments aren't all from geezers. Most of those on this thread in love with the black uniforms neither marched Cadets nor volunteered with Cadets it seems, especially the loudest.

"I am having trouble getting anyone to say yes, even a little. No response on DCP at all.

Cadet alums I spoke with are NOT HAPPY with black uniforms and discarding 80 plus years of a successful tradition. Some have said no because they don't think Darryl and Jarrett respect the tradition enough. Some actually said no until the Cadets return to the maroon-cream-gold. It's their money and I can't obect to them how they spend their money and why. To be honest, I agree with them [tp a degree] that the interlopers are not respecting who the corps is and Hopkins is not trusted with his design choices over the last dozen years. Many (alums) want him to resign. Sorry. I'll keep trying for you though."

As a Cadet alum, I get the tradition and the uneasiness with uni changes,facial hair etc but also want the corps to be as competitive as possible and agree the activity has changed and want Cadets to be innovators again which sadly means Maroon, Gold and Cream doing a Zpull at the end of show is not. I'm very excited after last nights webinar as are the caption heads and look forward to a new direction of excellence from the Cadets. Alumni should support the corps not bash them because things changed from when they marched. I loved the 80s but it's now 2016.
  • Like 3

As a Cadet alum, I get the tradition and the uneasiness with uni changes,facial hair etc but also want the corps to be as competitive as possible and agree the activity has changed and want Cadets to be innovators again which sadly means Maroon, Gold and Cream doing a Zpull at the end of show is not. I'm very excited after last nights webinar as are the caption heads and look forward to a new direction of excellence from the Cadets. Alumni should support the corps not bash them because things changed from when they marched. I loved the 80s but it's now 2016.

You're entitled to your opinion just as they are.

Why are maroon-gold-cream not modern but black and silver is?

The style of uniform might be termed classic, traditional, modern, or avant garde. Colors, not so much.

Those backing the changes aren't coming across with the $$$ for the MMs in many cases it seems.

Your generosity seems to be the exception for which you should be commended.

Personally, I will await seeing if Darryl's scoresheet numbers are better than what he previously did in DCI with Crossmen and Boston. That will tell if Cadets have improved.

Edited by xandandl