Cadets 2016

Tobias

When they were showing the guard uni Sunday, hey mentioned a "light" makeup to highlight the stone effect.

Sounds promising...

I am still so out of the loop (thank you life for hitting me like a speeding car- oh wait...). So, they're returning this year to the black uniform, albeit with modifications?

I am still so out of the loop (thank you life for hitting me like a speeding car- oh wait...). So, they're returning this year to the black uniform, albeit with modifications?

Yes sir! Did you by chance go to the combine camp back in November? If so, for what instrument?

• Like 1

Looks really nice to me, the plumes are really cool. LOVE the guard. Those two together will look really nice together. Uniform has some breaking up that last years desperately needed. Think what you want about them not being in Marroon and Gold, but they definitely improved on them in my mind. Excited to see them from up top.

• Like 2

Yes sir! Did you by chance go to the combine camp back in November? If so, for what instrument?

I did not, actually. To my parenthesis comment, I was in a car accident and totaled my car, causing me to save money up for a new one.

Some notes from webinar tonight.

640 auditioned for Cadets, highest ever.

Marching 73 brass, 38 guard, 9 snares, 5 bases, 5 toms and rest CPit.

All baris will play trombones. Mellos to French horns.

Two? designated solists (trumpet and violinist) won't march just act as musical narrators. Will utilize two towers on field and front stage for features of brass/percussion/guard. 4 ft high and 20 to 20 yrd lines.?

Stone/greyish guard unis and corps proper black with 16" plumes silver-grey, cross belt and hanging sash marching guard uni (not shown on model tonight). .

More staging in visual presentation then in past but certainly music will call for some run n gun.

Jay Bocook says blending together the different types of music (classical and modern) was interesting, fun and Colin loves the different musical textures which will allow the percussion to really show off their abilities technically and artistically.

Caption heads sounded excited. They will be taking a Florida tour (July). Should be fun. ;(and hot).

Edited by Tobias

Cool guard uniforms. The corps proper...ehh..it's nice, but I think they should change the cummerbund and sash to match that crossbelt.

I agree. The changes to the corps uniform was less than I expected / hoped for.

It does coordinate and work well with the guard uniforms, which I think are cool

Hopefully it will create a good look on the field.

Some notes from webinar tonight.

640 auditioned for Cadets, highest ever.

Marching 73 brass, 38 guard, 9 snares, 5 bases, 5 toms and rest CPit.

All baris will play trombones. Mellos to French horns.

Two? designated solists (trumpet and violinist) won't march just act as musical narrators. Will utilize two towers on field and front stage for features of brass/percussion/guard. 4 ft high and 20 to 20 yrd lines.?

Stone/greyish guard unis and corps proper black with 16" plumes silver-grey, cross belt and hanging sash marching guard uni (not shown on model tonight). .

More staging in visual presentation then in past but certainly music will call for some run n gun.

Jay Bocook says blending together the different types of music (classical and modern) was interesting, fun and Colin loves the different musical textures which will allow the percussion to really show off their abilities technically and artistically.

Caption heads sounded excited. They will be taking a Florida tour (July). Should be fun. ;(and hot).

Thanks for the summary. I was at a work event and couldn't jump on the call.

I'm looking forward to Cadets 2016 and hope the members have a fantastic summer!