Cadets 2016

Tobias

Still with the uniform stuff? Are they just gonna march out in a block and pose for 10 minutes?

Probably another week of uni talk until the first show then they'll be WOW! Me likey Cadets! They look and sound amazing!

Still with the uniform stuff? Are they just gonna march out in a block and pose for 10 minutes?

Now that the guard complaints are out of everyone's system we gotta have something else "traditional" to complain about!

• Like 1

Now that the guard complaints are out of everyone's system we gotta have something else "traditional" to complain about!

I was thinking about starting a new thread here to complain about the current weather in the Northeast..... but then decided to wait until Monday. Maybe by then my traditional complaint with this will miraculously clear up..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I was thinking about starting a new thread here to complain about the current weather in the Northeast..... but then decided to wait until Monday. Maybe by then my traditional complaint with this will miraculously clear up..

Seriously. This weather bites.
  • Like 1

When the uniforms changed last summer, it coincided with lots of chatter about staff difficulties and low morale, perhaps true, perhaps all rumor. The uniform change added to the controversy at least among fans but the uniforms should not be controversial or startling this year. We know what to expect. Also, if a show is engaging, I wonder how much many of us notice the uniforms. Crown 2013 is one of my favorite shows, I was thrilled to be in Indy and see them win their first title. I hated the uniforms but was so engaged by the show, I barely noticed. My guess is that if Cadets 2015 ended as the powerful warhorse it could have potentially been, the uniforms would not have mattered. If anything we'd be praising the innovation and courage to make such a change.

My guess is that if Cadets 2015 ended as the powerful warhorse it could have potentially been, the uniforms would not have mattered. If anything we'd be praising the innovation and courage to make such a change.

I doubt it.

If we could poll all The Cadets Alums from over the years that are still alive, and asked them all a simple question " Are you in favor or not in favor of your former Corps changing its traditional uniform colors ? ", my sense would be that where the Cadets finished last season ( or will finish this season ) in placement would have no bearing at all on that poll result. But, thats just my speculation on this too, of course.

Edited by BRASSO

I doubt it.

If we could poll all The Cadets Alums from over the years that are still alive, and asked them all a simple question " Are you in favor or not in favor of your former Corps changing its traditional uniform colors ? ", my sense would be that where the Cadets finished last season ( or will finish this season ) in placement would have no bearing at all on that poll result. But, thats just my speculation on this too, of course.

I would like to see this poll results refined to the last two years of age-outs, hopefully who are still all alive.

I doubt it.

that's just your sense

I know alumni who feel differently

Also - no one is saying they are changing their "traditional uniform" -- we will no doubt see the M&G back in 2017... there's been zero discussion or announcement that the traditional uniform has been abandoned

I doubt it.

I think we are putting too much stock in this and painting all alum with a broad brush. Cadets alum span over 80 years. Some of those alums more than likely don't even follow drum corps anymore. And some of those marched with the traditional uniforms weren't really as serious about that uniform when they marched (I can point out multiple "tickers" just in the years I've marched and followed Cadets). Regardless. I am not so sure ALL Cadets alum are as bent out of shape about the uniform as this site seems to make them out to be.

• Like 1

I think we are putting too much stock in this and painting all alum with a broad brush. Cadets alum span over 80 years. Some of those alums more than likely don't even follow drum corps anymore. And some of those marched with the traditional uniforms weren't really as serious about that uniform when they marched (I can point out multiple "tickers" just in the years I've marched and followed Cadets). Regardless. I am not so sure ALL Cadets alum are as bent out of shape about the uniform as this site seems to make them out to be.

I can vouch for this. YES there are those who are upset BUT it's the same who were ready to slit their wrists when the stripe on the pant left. AS I said before there are those who no matter what the change will have issue with it and there are those just interested in their corps succeeding no matter what that means. Cadets could have been gone decades ago if they did not embrace change.

• Like 1